Monday, 29 August 2011

Tracheostomy

Tomorrow we go to Sheffield Children's Hospital for Eve to have her Tracheostomy.
Having expressed our need for notice to enable us to get care organised for everyone else we ended up with 4 days notice including a bank holiday weekend! GREAT!

However I must express absolute gratitude to my carers and to the Continuing Care Coordinator who between them have managed to cover us with appropriate care for Rosie for the next 4 weeks. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

So total panic ensues now to be ready for the off tomorrow morning. I have to confess that I am not able to even contemplate the hospital end of things as I am so worried about the situation at home. It has been a long time since David has been left in total charge of the house without me around. We have gained 4 children in that ensuing period so things are very different.

Matters for prayer. Obviously the safety of everyone,
That Christina can cope with her worries and her duties. She will have a lot of extra responsibility and need to reamin calm and not let her temper get the better of her.
That Jonathan does not get over anxious and spark the problems we saw last year.

That Joshua can organise himself with the Dog. school stuff, and his duties at home, he will be main chef at home. he still has to apply himself 100% at school as he starts yr 10.

For Rosie, that she can be kept safe and remain seizure free, the carers all turn up on time and remain as besotted with Rosie as ever.

For David, he has so much to do without anyone to remind him and reassure him.

For safety in traveling and in the house, at school and wherever.

Anything else you can think of, God knows the details and everything as it unfolds and before, so praying in His will.

I am now desperately trying to think of everything I need. I am going to be a long way from home, I hope God has someone lined up as a friend and prayer partner for me once I am alone with Eve!

Thanks for all your love and prayers I know they will be upholding us all.
No idea when I will be able to blog again, I suspect Tia will keep you informed at times of our progress and of any specific prayer need that arises. so keep a check on "`Behind the Child" link on my side bar.
By for now

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all. Hope it all goes smoothly for everyone.

Lisa B

Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you all - at home and in hospital

You mean there's more??? said...

Your life is so simple......

Think I will stick with the stroppie teenies.

Anonymous said...

God answers pray so glad you are all home together again, continuing praying for you. Love Chelle