Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Tia

I can't say I'm certain of the date but I'm fairly sure it was sometime in 2003 God drew Tia and I together. 
I'm even more certain that even before either of us were formed in our mothers womb God had it all planned out. 
From miles apart two women who knew the power of prayer were to meet via the Internet and become prayer warriors for and with each other. 
How he must have smiled as he used the lives of so many people to bring about the Internet forum on which our lives would cross. 
So it was that Tia and Tina met. Discovered each others love for God and passion for disabled children and have continued to love to pray for one another. 
Love to share our prayer needs and know we can open our hearts honestly to the other and be heard. 
What joys and sadnesses we have shared. 
I am so blessed to have Tia as my friend. So blessed to know that even when my heart is breaking with sorrow I can barely put words to. Tia understands. 
Just 6 days ago I received a random text message from Tia asking me what my current favourite scriptures are. Because our conversations often centre around Gods word it didn't even raise an eyebrow of curiosity. I rattled off quite a few. Some with chapter and verse, others just the words that my heart longed after. 
We had a bit of a discussion around the reasons some were so apt and pondered on others.  I didn't really give the conversation any further thought. 
Then this morning I had a fairly important meeting to attend and as is the norm I asked for Tia's prayers. 
Returning home early afternoon I texted Tia to thank her for her prayers and give a brief résumé of my morning. It had gone far better than I had anticipated. That is if you miss out the bit about dropping the bottle of Keppra. 
Anyway I had a quick lunch with David. Followed up on a report for the meeting then went out to inspect the waterfall David was building. Then I spotted it, a mysterious grey parcel the postman had left. 
It was very well parcelled up and the only thing I could find to help get into it was a pair of nail scissors. 
As I chipped away at the Sellotape I spotted Tia's postcode. I wondered what on earth Tia was sending me. I guiltily thought of the parcel still unlisted in my conservatory. Containing Mogs birthday present and wondered if this was an early one for Eve. 
Eventually I got into the packet and retrieved an envelope. A card with one of those favourite scriptures on. Psalm 139. Ahh that must have been why she was asking. 
The card said. A portable hug as we can't be there to give one in person. 
Then I realised the parcel contained a beautifully stitched quilted lap rug. Ooh it is beautiful. But on closer inspection I find it has ALL my favourite scriptures printed on panels within the quilt. 
Tears spilled down my cheeks as I read each one. As I found a special message. As I realised how much Tia loves me too. 
What a reflection of Gods love. 
Thank You
xxxxx

2 comments:

Sara x said...

The quilt is truly lovely and nothing is nicer than a gift made with love.


You and Tia have been my inspiration on my faith journey. I know you have been praying for me for many years.

You also inspire me not because you both have adopted children with special needs but because you have loved and cherished children with special needs.

Sara said...

The quilt is beautiful and is is so much more because it was made in love.

As you know you and Tia are my inspiration both on my faith journey and life one.

You inspire me because you have chosen to open your heart to the amazing special needs children that bless your lives.