Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Happy New Year

Christmas was over too soon. Joshua and Christina back in Worcester and the house is slowly de-Christmasing.
I have to admit Jonathan and Rosie's day centre didn't open a day too soon but it is heart breaking to realise how much Rosie is distressed by it not being there for her. She does not enjoy days with no routine. To ightvthough she is content to sit with me playing on Eves iPad and snuggling up to me, so long as my hand is in absolutely the correct spot on her lap and I don't dare to move.

This morning I admit to breathing a sigh of relief as I fastened her into the back of David's car and waved them goodbye. I put the kettle on as our morning carer walked through the door and looked forward to the opportunity to call a very dear friend.
We spent over half an hour just talking through hurt and anguish and longing and hope. Then we prayed together before promising to talk again soon. I have never met this dear sister in person. The beauty of the Internet in Gods hand is bringing like minded Christians together to unharness  the power of prayer and love across the miles.  We have so much in community n and understand much of each other's heart whilst both facing different hurdles. Knowing God is in it all we were able to encourage each other and know the love between us through Christ.
Since that phone call I have spent time in the word. Psalm 35. Philippians 3 and then the first 5 chapters of Genesis read by David Suchet.
My prayer for this new year is that I make time for God in every day. Spend time in his word and time in prayer and listening to him.

I also pray that those I love will hear him clearly and be left in no doubt as to who he is and where they need to be.
Happy New Year

No comments: