Saturday, 5 April 2008

Never Rains but it Pours

I have ben rather unwell Since Tuesday, it has ben a long hard week, The children's needs still have to be met and the appointments followed through and the paperwork kept within some semblance of order...allegedly....hmm maybe I ought to reassess my thinking of order???? Oh wel the other things have been done, the washing kept under some control and the meals prepared...house able to be lived in is probably the best I can say about that but even then we have had a visit from the Rat Man to rebait the boxes...eeeek! The house is reasonably in order honestly they just like playing in our garden and I would really rather they didnt! Sorry Rats...I dont object to you living in the wild but my garden is not the wild OK?

Oh sorry back to the blog! Eve started the week with some good demonstrations of optional breahing...she was not at all unwell, jus had one very enlarged tonsil one marginally enlarged tonsil and not enough muscle power to keep the breathing going through the semi obstruction this caused, she was happy playful bu a wonderful shade of blue whenever lef in a seated position for any length of time...for the sake of the nursery staff we kep he home two days but Wednesday and Thursday she dffinitely seemed better and we sent her off...one to on support lady does not em to have grown any extra grey hairs so I assue all was well...Friday Eve seemed less than well...lots of snorting, bit of a chesty sounding cough and a it flushed and warm...howver the Pysio assistant had arranged to go into preschool and I had an unexpected need to go to Church so we sent her off with the reassurance that I was on my mobile able o come back for her if necessary. All seemed ok!

Back track to Thursday, Joshua and Christina were in a concert type event with school along with 5 other schools in the locality at a local factory outlet type place. I had an appoitement with Sense to view a college for Jonathan....I could not go to the concert, David had an appointemnt with a Rat man....see above....so he couldnt go...phone call 9pm wednesday night cancelled my appointment which was really just as well as i had been investigating the interior of the toilet for the best part of 36 hours....I really did not feel up to thinking about whether college would meet Jonathan's needs satisfactorily...howevr niether did I feel safe driving so the concert was still a no no!However after taking the children to school David came home to say that Mel would take me to the concert if i wanted to go...I knew it would mean the world to the children so i took her up on it. I am glad i went...th children did really well...all of them eve though our school did best of course! howver I felt so ill by the end of it I slept all the 10 mils home! rather embarrassing!
Thankfully by Friday I was less wiped out and was able to keep fluids down at least. I went to the event a Church and got back in time to pick Eve up...She was hot flushed and chesty! she went straight to bed laid on her left side, best position to keep her breathing going! She slept for two hours and woke loking better.

Saturday morning dawned to early at 4.30 with Eve choking over the intercom! dashing downstairs as fast as my sore feet, knees, hips, hands, and back would allow me
I suctioned the gunk from her nnose and throat and we retired to the settee. It was obvious this early in the day that she was moving from under the weather to unwell, however i felt that sh was still not ill enough to be rushing off to the hospital so spent half an hour on chest physio and suction and some calpol and brufen and by 9 am she seemed okish! Followinfg he usual pattern of Saturday madness mixed in with a wild goose chase for Christina's dane practice...workshop...reharsal we eventually came back home at 1.30 pm and Eve slept again seemingly quite peacfully..she had been quite animated and giggly whilst out and although still a little warm and coughing well she did not lok ill...what is it that hapens to modrately sick kids after 5 pm?
Meanwhile Rosie had been having her agitation wildly out of control fits whilst out..she managed to kick the table over in Co-op Cafe and had a couple at a near by table staring their dissaproval for the best part of 20 minutes...a friend i knew from church came over to speak to us which wa a nice break from the staring...and gave me the opporunity to teach them some Christian manners as I told this lady how loved we felt at Church where people never bat an eyelid at Rosie;s antics, whether she be overpoweringly loving climbing on their laps or throwing things around and throwing herself on the floor in a head banging seizure they just take it in their stride and love her any way! A few minutes later Christina went to ask for a glass of water for Rosie and I started to give her a fluid bolus via her gastrostomy...as I set up the feed the staring couple got up and left...i almost hoped they were as disgusted by Rosie having a drink as we were by their rude staring! Sorry is that unChristian of me?
anyway, back to 5 pm...Eve was now laid on the sofa having had another dose of Calpol and Brufen, attatched to the Sats monitor with Sats flickering between 96-92 and back again.URGH! Heartrate 155-180 things were not looking good...I decided it may improve once her temperature came down with the calpol etcso we ate our tea. As I was cleaing the table our carers daughter met me in the doorway slightly flustered...Tina Jonathan has gone all hot and floppy all of a sudden! ARGH! A quick look assured m he looked flushed but reassured me that he was not about to collapse in his usual dramatic fashion...a tempa dot under his arm assured me that he did indeed have a temperature! Great! On child fitting and unhappy and not really with us! Another coughing hot and dropping her sats with racing heart beat, the third wih high temp horrible rash of long standing and what else brewing???

Thankfully although i am now back in a lot of pain at least I am able to eat and drink...not yet normally...the high rate pain relief seems to take it's toll on my body and is just not an option! No idea where I go from here...back to where I was I suppose! for a while I felt that the nausea and fatigue was a god trade off for the pain relief however the weightloss and inabiity to keep awake and unable to keep even water down does get to you after a while!

Any prayers for an uneventful night would be greatfully appreciated...getting through tomorrow and waiting till monday would be wonderful as we have appointments anyway!
Thanks!
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!

No comments: