Today Rosie turned 18
A fairly mammoth achievement for the teeny weeny scarp of humanity who was written off as not compatible with life 18 years ago..
Not expected to reach her first birthday at 7 months old when we first met her...Certainly wouldnt reach her 5th birthday was the verdict when she came to us at 10 months of age.
OK so I have lost count of the times we have sat by her bedside wondering if she would live through the night..willing her to take the next breath.
There have though been many times when I could cheerfully have strangled her too!...well she could try the patience of a saint honestly! Times when OH ROSIE! is screeched from the rooftops.
Many times when she has had us laughing till tears roll down our faces and times when she has worn me to such a frazzle I am not sure which way is up. Days when she has gone on and on and on like the ever ready bunny...and then some. It is nothing unusual for Rosie to be on fast forward for 72 hours plus without stopping to draw breath...and then days when we wonder if she wil draw breath, days when she is so ill we think maybe this time....so far each time she has suprised everyone and bounced back.
But May 5th 1992 was the day the world gained something special...Feburary 1993 we gained a new dimension to our family...May 5th 2010 Rosie Made it to 18...against all odds and with Rosie Style! I think she has enjoyed today, I hope she will enjoy Saturday even more.
If you are coming to Rosie's party I am sure you will have a great time...if you have not already said you are coming and would like to, just let me know...I am sure we can squeeze more in...
My one little sadness for today is that we have lost touch with Rosie's Foster Mum...I so wish we could have invited her to the party...
There is also a thought and a prayer for the birth parents who felt so overwhelmed 18 years ago today they walked away and missed out on these wonderful memories that we treasure, I wish they could see her now!
Happy Birthday Rosie...we love you so much even on the days you drive us crazy!




6 comments:
Happy Birthday Rosie - BIG HUGS from all the Flatts.
Tina - have been meaning to phone you this week - can Sam & I sneek in at the end of the party - didn't think we could make it as Sam has Scouts once a month and it's on saturday but doesn't finish till 4.30 so would be awkward getting to you - but they are meeting at Castle Acre which near Kings Lynn - so we could get to you at about 6ish. Text me if it's ok please - Caroline
Hi, All,
Thank you, Rosie for all the memories of you, sorry we can't get up for the party, but we trust that you will enjoy all the folks around you, and all the love from those who are not able to visit.
Jesus never fails, and He holds you in His loving arms.
With love,
Grandma and Granddad.
Got to love Rosie Posie!! Special young lady to so many! can't wait to come home tomorrow, and even more excited for saturday!
love you all xx sarah xx
its now officially tomorrow when i see you, austrian and uk time. saturday will be fantastic.
it is brilliant to know rosie, i was only telling someone this today, as i regularly do. its hard to know me for long and not to know the very special place you all have in my life and heart.
see you soon for some huge hugs and lots of fun and laughs xxx
Hope Rosie has a lovely party Tina.
Julie (Devons mum}
Happy Birthday Rosie!!!!
And Happy Mother's Day to you!
Post a Comment