When I was little my Nanny Sands was very important to me,,,she was always a big part of my life I have many happy memories of Nanny Sands but today I had reason to be grateful for one particular lesson she taught me.
I have always had a knack of forgetting where I put things...Nanny used to tell me to think back to when I could remember having it and retrace my steps..this would often jog my memory and many a lost pencil sharpener, purse, etc was found by thinking back to what I did where I went.
This morning we were doing well being ready for Church, had something to do with being up regularly through the night, longest spell in bed was 90 minutes and I gave up and got up at 6.
So by 9.40 I was ready for getting girls into bus, Eve was making her way steadily through the next box of sucion cathters and Rosie was keen to be getting going..Joshua went to the cupboard for the bus keys and they weren't there!....hmmm I drove home from Peterborough, which jacket did I have on??? Found that but no keys in the pocket....ok what did I do when I parked? I had got into the back to help unclamp the chairs, no sign of the keys around the clamps or on the back seats....so what did I do next? I know I was bursting for the Loo but no keys found in the bathroom.
I went back t the bus to try and think wat I did??? I remembered Christina pushing Rosie's chair because I was carrying something, but what was I carrying? I walked back to the house trying to think what it was. I had taken the new trousers and dress up to Joshua and Christina, no sign of keys in either of there rooms.
Back to the bus to think again, we took the girls out....AND I got it....I had picked up the rubbish from our McDonalds meal the day before that was what I was carrying, so off to the bin, but the kitchen bin had been emptied. So it was off to the wheelie bin and looking through black bags,,,on the third try beneath the pile of suction ctheters and nappies was a macdonalds box and cup ....and my keys!!!
We made it to Church ten minutes late!
Thanks Nanny Sands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
you need eye or finger print access to you car! or....a magic word...open-sez-a-me. glad you found them! see you not soon enough, hugs xxx
Post a Comment