Sunday, 13 June 2010

Still the Roller Coaster keeps turning.

Friday off to school with Eve, arrived in time to do the good morning song and she took great delight in the welcome from her friends. Unfortunately her smiles and giggles coupled with being sat up just led to lots of coughing/spluttering and Sats dropping so I jumped in with suction as her one to one wasnt.This happened a few times in the 20 minsutes before we broke away to start the training.
The Medical Training Nurse who had visitd at home on Tuesday had come to school to do this training, she was very thorough and athough I didnt quite agree with all of her explanations nothing deterred from what was needed and how to achieve it.
We spent a good amount of time making sure they cold get the mask on straight and without too much leak....which really is all you need to know.
I eventually left around half 11 and headed home. Arriving home in time to settle Eve for a proper sleep and then get lunch.
By two pm I was just thinking I could sit and catch up on emails and maybe even snatch a quick doze before Rosie arrived home, I had just opened the top of my lap top when the phone rang.
Jonathan had collapsed again at College and they had called an ambulance what did I want them to do?
We agreed that taking him to A&E was the best course of action and I would get there as soon as I could.
Now, Eve was absolutely blotto on the settee with Ventolater whispering away, Rosie was due home at 3.50 and Carer didnt ome till 4 pm, so th eonly option as for me to pick Joshua and Christina up on my way to the hospital. So I rang their school and they were fine about it. So off I went. Only I had not even got out the top of the lane when the phone rang, Paramedics just to let me know what they were doing and where they were going. OK off I go....only I hadnt got as far as the A17 when the phone rang, thanlkfully I was right by the pull in so did, it was the Palliative Care Nurse telling me she had ordered Eve an air mattress and it would be with us on Tuesday!
So Off I go again and I ignored the next call, it was not important. Got to school and Joshuas tutor walked out with them, she as offering me some days that the GUide Dog trainer could take Joshua out of school.
Just as I was about to pull out the other guide dog lady rang and I had to ask hr to ring again on Monday.
Eventually we got to the Hospital and Jonathan and his one to one were in a cubicle with a nurse doing basic observations.
The next two hours passed in a blur of questions and tests and decisions made and rebuked and others made...eventually Jonathanwas admitted to coronary care for overnight observations. He was quite distressed when I left him but by the time David got back up there 2 hours later he had settled down, managed to peruade the staff to bring a telly in which made him very popular with the other men in th bay as they al watched football together!

The cardiologist whocame to see him was quite concerned about the number of attacks he had had.
So there he has stayed all weekend, monoitored intermittantly and allowed to go to toilet and spend a short while in day room.
WE have visited as much as we can, spent a short while all of us with him after Church today, but that was a bit difficult. ROsie had had a seizure in church and had had diazepam and was rather giggly silly, Eve was tired and kept falling asleep and SATs dropping to silly numbers, her suction machine was on overtime and the battery is not holding its charge, so at 2.30 we left, bumping into Jonathans carer on the way out, He had promised to go up at 11 ish but had not ben there when we arrived, so I was a little bit miffed, apparantly he had come in from th garden taken his boots off and discovered his foot bleeding profusely, so a trip to his local hospital and 4 stitches later and he made it as soon as he could.
Home and as relaxed an afternoon as I could manage, Rosie is relly unsettled, I think brewing another Siezure, Christina has really bad tummy pains, and Eve has been asleep on her vent since we got in!
Think I am off to bed soon!
Prayer always appreciated!

No comments: