Today We went to Church, met a lady I didnt know and had a nice chat. Had a giggle with the Pastor then probably not terribly polite but a giggle at him too! Well when the Pastor gets the giggles because we are singing the Hymn Down From His Glory....if oyu dont know it the tune was taken by Walls for the Cornetto theme....Just One Cornetto! Give it to Me! Well that was what gave him the giggles, Not terribly reverent is it! Lol I love Our Pastor to bits! he is so human!
Anyway I digress, It was a lovely service, lots of old Hymns, I love the old Hymns. Oh yes we have some wonderful newer ones but today we sang the oldies! What a friend we have in Jesus. How sweet The Name of Jesus Sounds. and others just as wonderful and scriptural and making me think of my childhood in Church and then my Dad and Mum and back to the words and the truth of those words. It was fantastic Worship. The Sermon was from Revelation 3......are we Luke Warm? Is God wanting to Spew us out of His mouth because we are not passionate in our Worship......am I in a loving relationship with my Lord? Plenty to think on and dwell on and work on and yes I want to be in a passionate love affair with my Lord and Saviour. Dear Lord help me to be the Christian you would have me be!
Service over and a quick catch up with folk as I go to rescue the Sunday School staff from Rosie! haha she has been a minx..I knew she would be she has been that way out all weekend! Girls in Chairs, Chairs in bus, back for the Loo and heading home. I ws dropping the boys off at home and heading out to meet a dear friend. We were meeting at the out of town Factory outlet Village in Spalding. Springfields and Joshua decided he would quite like to come too. So leaving Dad and Jonathan at home we headed off.
The Sun was shining and it was a lovely day. We found a disabled parking spot straight away, which as the car park was full and letting two cars in and two cars came out was pretty good going! I sent a text to The friend of my friend who was also meeting with us and we wandered off to the play Barn. Intending to let Rosie play whilst we ate.
I had not had a reply from W, so tried to ring but was told that the phone was not available, I texted my friend and said where we were and that W's phone was not available. Then we ordered food and took Rosie to the play area. Rosie sat in her chair and watched other children play. Waved a foot in the direction of the starers who came too close and looked pretty gumpy!
Our food came and we ate, whilst warding off children who wanted to come and stare at Eve! Once or twice I sugested they said hello instead of staring....this seemed to have the wrong effect when one little girl skuttled off and then came back with her slightly bigger sister saying......come and look at this! Then stood pointing and staring at Eve! Christina ws not at all impressed and suggested they go away! They seemed to understand it the way she put it and ran away with tails between their legs!!!!
Then a lady approached the barrier to the play area and looked at me and then said...Tina??? I nodded and went and let her in! It was W she had found us despite the fact that we then discovered the number she had emailed me last night was not her mobile at all! amazing what a difference one digit can make!
Anyway, this lovely lady had come to meet with us and my friend T because she too had a child who had suffered a sudden and dramatic visual loss. We had a lot to talk about. Joshua was also quite talkative and we had a fantastic exchange of information and fun and laughter. T sent a text saying she did not want to come into the play area due to the noise so we wandered off to find her and then continued our nattering in the somewhat more genteel surroundings of the Garden Centre Restaurant. Joshua and Christina went off to wander round the shops, this they managed without either arguing or getting lost! We sat with Rosie and Eve behaving more or less and cntinued to chat about all things important and pretty much everything not! It was good to spend some time in friendship. Snatched time in the midst of busy lives. T and I had not seen each other since Rosie's birthday in May. I hope it wont be so long before the next time.
W lives but an hour away, so hopefully we will get together before too long. Joshua and W's daughter would like to meet so maybe half term will be a good time.
The sun continued to shine but Eve was having problems and the oxygen wouldnt last much longer and so we had to say goodbye.
We arrived home just in time as Eve decided to have a major moment with SATs at 75 as we arrived thank goodness for all the medical gear we carry. She is now fine and ready for going to bed so i will say goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hi Tina,
Just so you know, I've got rid of my blog, I've not just changed the name (again). Don't have a talent for it. Happy blogging though.
Yes why cant people say hello instead of staring?
Post a Comment