So this morning I am expecting representatives from the LEA and School here at our house to discuss the proposed statement for Joshua.
Appointment time changed from 10am to 9.30 to accomodate the QTVI going in to school to see Joshua. Ok tight but doable.
I never worry too muich about being too tidy when Social Services are coming, they need to know that life is hard work and I cant always keep a clean and tidy house and keep the children well cared for. However when I am wanting the LEA to jump through my hoops and meet my child's needs within the school I want to show that I am organised and efficient.
So last night I set my child slave...ooops I mean my darling daughter....to baking. A batch of ginger biscuits and a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I used these as a bribe to get the head teacher to come...sadly he had an immovable appointment already and sent the SENCO but she is lovely too...I digress. Biscuits smelt wonderful and tasted good too.
This morning I cleaned the toilet and wash basin in Jonathan's wet room...this becomes the guest toilet in the day when he isnt here. I swapped the toothpaste smeared hand towel for a nice clean fresh one. Replaced the soggy bath towel with a clean one for good measure. Swept the floor and the floor of his bedroom. Chucked the mat outside over the fence to hopefully blow away all the straw and rabbit fur from the cuddle with the animals last night.
Swept and tidied in the lounge and mopped the floor in Lounge utility and Jonathan's bedroom.
Thought it best to have enough coffee cups to give everyone a drink so went to wash up...by now 8.50. At 9 am I headed up stairs to get dressed, figuring I ought to be ready by 9.15 just in case. Stripped off to head to the wash basin and the phone rang...hmmm the downside of walkabout phones is that you walk about with them and they never seem to be near you when it rings! decided I was not about to hobble naked downstairs so left it to divert to my mobile....it did. This was a call from the Adoption Agency that placed Jonathan with us....it was a call I wanted to give my full attention to but this was not easy whilst sat in a state of undress expecting several visitors in the not too distant future...I tried to listen and then the phone rang again....It transferred to my mobile and I put first call on hold to answer call from QTVI who was on our road looking for our house! EEK! Gave her directions and went back to first call, took her number and promised to ring back....abandoning all hope of time for a good wash had quick dabble under the tap liberally applied deoderant and through on clothes.....realising just in time I was wearing a fashionable streak of last nights chinese I put a jumper over the polo neck and got to the top of the stairs just as QTVI knocked on the door! PHEW! It was only 9.05 who arrives at an appointment at someones home 25 minutes early???
I was able to arrange the biscuits on a plate whilst I made a coffee, made a pot of tea for those who came after and then hoped they werent all late or it would be terribly stewed. Went back to the lounge and realised I had not yet brushed my hair. Being grateful for the fact that this was one professional who was very down to earth I grabbed a hair brush and made an effort to look respectable!
I was rather glad to sink into the settee and sip my cup of tea!
The meeting went fairly well. I managed to get most of my points across, the QTVI brought up some descrepencies and between us we were able to put in some specificity of provision. I did eventually manage to get the school for VI put in if only under Joshua's preference. We also got a first review within six months.
We have I think made good progress and with the understanding that school can come back to them and request further hours before that review if it is deemed necesary.
I am hoping that we may at last have a workable document and a school that is taking on board Joshua's needs in a much better way.
The SENCO has arranged a visit to New College Worcester for her, myself and the Maths teacher for this coming Wednesday. I am now praying that everyone else within the household remains well and we can indeed make it. I am quite excited at the thought of seeing and understanding how the bits fo the curriculum that Joshua is struggling with are presented to the children at this school.
Well I now have a clean lounge and a clean wetroom, the utility room is presentable just so long as they dont want to look any further anyone could drop in now!
Think I may just be tempted to curl up under Eve's blanket and have a snooze this afternoon!
I have hidden all the paperwork and ironing behind the sofa...I really ought to drag it out again and stop pretending I am so organised I suppose!
Appointment time changed from 10am to 9.30 to accomodate the QTVI going in to school to see Joshua. Ok tight but doable.
I never worry too muich about being too tidy when Social Services are coming, they need to know that life is hard work and I cant always keep a clean and tidy house and keep the children well cared for. However when I am wanting the LEA to jump through my hoops and meet my child's needs within the school I want to show that I am organised and efficient.
So last night I set my child slave...ooops I mean my darling daughter....to baking. A batch of ginger biscuits and a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I used these as a bribe to get the head teacher to come...sadly he had an immovable appointment already and sent the SENCO but she is lovely too...I digress. Biscuits smelt wonderful and tasted good too.
This morning I cleaned the toilet and wash basin in Jonathan's wet room...this becomes the guest toilet in the day when he isnt here. I swapped the toothpaste smeared hand towel for a nice clean fresh one. Replaced the soggy bath towel with a clean one for good measure. Swept the floor and the floor of his bedroom. Chucked the mat outside over the fence to hopefully blow away all the straw and rabbit fur from the cuddle with the animals last night.
Swept and tidied in the lounge and mopped the floor in Lounge utility and Jonathan's bedroom.
Thought it best to have enough coffee cups to give everyone a drink so went to wash up...by now 8.50. At 9 am I headed up stairs to get dressed, figuring I ought to be ready by 9.15 just in case. Stripped off to head to the wash basin and the phone rang...hmmm the downside of walkabout phones is that you walk about with them and they never seem to be near you when it rings! decided I was not about to hobble naked downstairs so left it to divert to my mobile....it did. This was a call from the Adoption Agency that placed Jonathan with us....it was a call I wanted to give my full attention to but this was not easy whilst sat in a state of undress expecting several visitors in the not too distant future...I tried to listen and then the phone rang again....It transferred to my mobile and I put first call on hold to answer call from QTVI who was on our road looking for our house! EEK! Gave her directions and went back to first call, took her number and promised to ring back....abandoning all hope of time for a good wash had quick dabble under the tap liberally applied deoderant and through on clothes.....realising just in time I was wearing a fashionable streak of last nights chinese I put a jumper over the polo neck and got to the top of the stairs just as QTVI knocked on the door! PHEW! It was only 9.05 who arrives at an appointment at someones home 25 minutes early???
I was able to arrange the biscuits on a plate whilst I made a coffee, made a pot of tea for those who came after and then hoped they werent all late or it would be terribly stewed. Went back to the lounge and realised I had not yet brushed my hair. Being grateful for the fact that this was one professional who was very down to earth I grabbed a hair brush and made an effort to look respectable!
I was rather glad to sink into the settee and sip my cup of tea!
The meeting went fairly well. I managed to get most of my points across, the QTVI brought up some descrepencies and between us we were able to put in some specificity of provision. I did eventually manage to get the school for VI put in if only under Joshua's preference. We also got a first review within six months.
We have I think made good progress and with the understanding that school can come back to them and request further hours before that review if it is deemed necesary.
I am hoping that we may at last have a workable document and a school that is taking on board Joshua's needs in a much better way.
The SENCO has arranged a visit to New College Worcester for her, myself and the Maths teacher for this coming Wednesday. I am now praying that everyone else within the household remains well and we can indeed make it. I am quite excited at the thought of seeing and understanding how the bits fo the curriculum that Joshua is struggling with are presented to the children at this school.
Well I now have a clean lounge and a clean wetroom, the utility room is presentable just so long as they dont want to look any further anyone could drop in now!
Think I may just be tempted to curl up under Eve's blanket and have a snooze this afternoon!
I have hidden all the paperwork and ironing behind the sofa...I really ought to drag it out again and stop pretending I am so organised I suppose!
I may just need to finish the plate of biscuits first!




No comments:
Post a Comment