Because He lives I can face tomorrow.
Dads funeral ended with this hymn. Sung to raise the roof. Dad requested this as a reminder to Mum, and the rest of us that Because Jesus lives tomorrow is secure.
Living with a child with a terminal disease is a roller coaster. When things are going well and smiles are free flowing tomorrow is full of hope, when things are not going so well tomorrow is not even guaranteed....but of course it is!
Tonight Eve is in hospital, having had a prolonged episode of seizures, my thoughts have been down every corridor of fear and assurance and what if. Yet repeatedly Because He Lives springs back to my mind and I find myself singing it.
Eve has been listening to her music on her iPad this evening too. When I heard her favourite song come on I sat up to look at her face and see if she was awake enough to acknowledge it. Then I heard her trying to sing along. I wasn't quick enough to get my phone set to video to catch her singing but I did get a smile and an acknowledgment that she understands this song.
The only thing I want is to be with Jesus,
Just to see him smile and say well done what a day that's going to be
I want to feel His strong and loving arms just hold me by His side
And to be with Him through all eternity,
Just to be with Him, is heaven enough for me.
Oh yes, Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, and to know that one day I will be with Jesus for all eternity, what promise!
Yes for now the tears will flow at times, my heart will ache but one day God will wipe away my tear and Jesus will wrap me in His arms and welcome me into Heaven.
Face to Face with Christ my Saviour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment