Thursday evening after our meal the weather had brightened up and the temperature was lovely for an evening stroll. The setting sun over the lake had been beautiful.
It was quite a shock to wake up to dark clouds and a cold wind on Friday morning.
However breakfast in the Captains Quarters, courtesy of the Disney Wish Programme was a great start to the day. Far from the continental Breakfast we were expecting and the long queues we had been warned about for the Yacht Club Restaurant we were wlecomed into a cozy bar area where there was a buffet of Bacon, Sausages, Pancakes, maple Syrup, cheeses and cold meats, bread rolls, croissants and Choc au Pain. Mountains of fresh fruit and yoghurts etc. So much choice.
Me and Joshua were piling into bacon and pancakes with maple syrup. Christina was after the sausage and bacon, whilst David was salivating over the scrambled eggs and bacon. We al filled our boots with as much as we could manage. David was supplied with enormous slices of Gluten free bread that seemed to take for ever to toast, but he said was delicious.
Then we made our way around the lake and through the village to our first view of Disney Land itself.
WOW! The entrance courtyard was vast, The lighted banner proclaiming 20 years of Disneyland Paris was a sight to behold. Eve was mesmerised with the lights and the music. We walked down Main Street USA marveling at the array of shops and the soundsthat mingled in the air around us. Taking note of things we wanted to be sure we saw at closer quarters later. eventualy we approached the Fairytale Castle. Eve was smiling with wide open eyes as we waled through, we had to present our Hotel Easy Pass as it wasnt yet 10am. Then ew entered the castle. There were stained glass windows above us that caught Eve's eye and she woke up in a wide eyed grin. We wpent a few moments taking in the sights before passing through and on into Fantasy land.
There was a shop selling Princess Dresses as we entered, unfortnuately because Eve's spine is so twisted they would not fit her, but she enjoyed looking at them all. She liked the pink and the lilac ones the best but the Pure White one got a grin too.
We wandered slowly through Fantasy land, It was bitterly cold so we were taking note of things we wanted to come back to later. Aiming to walk on through and then find somewhere to sit in the warm while we planned our day. We spotted a building that said. Meet Mickey Mouse. So we went to find out what time he would be home. 10.30! So that gave us just under an hour to kill. Walking on we sawe the Princess Pavillion, there was already a queue forming there, on past there and we came to Its a Small World. A great Photo opportunity there. We passed by the Mad Hatters Tea PArty and David and Joshua took Photos of Christina and Eve sat at the tea table. Then we wandered round into Discovery land.
Joshua and Christina wanted to ride the Space Mountain Mission. This was our first disappointment as they were not allowed to jump the queue as Eve was not going to be riding with them. I had misunderstood the Make a Wish badge, I thought it gave them priority too, as Eve was not going to be able to spend the time for them to queue for many rides. Never mind, there wasnt too much of a queue yet so they went on in. David Eve and I had a look around and found the exit where the photos were shown. Then there they were! They had enjoyed that thrill.
By this time we were all feeling the cold so we found Videopolis wher we went to have a sit down. We had taken plenty of drinks with us as we knew that drinks were expensive, so we sat and had a drink before heading back off to go meet Mickey Mouse!!!
David decided to sit and rest there whilst we went mouse hunting. We agreed to meet back at midday as there was a live music thing happening then.
So we found our way back through Discovery land, passed Small World and Eventually found Mickey Mouse. There was a little queue at the disabled entrance so we had a sit down on the wall and got Eve all excited about this being Mickey Mouses House and he was waiting to meet her in there.
Then we were called in, through the corridors to a waiting area, Lots to look at and smile at and tummy rumbling excitement.
And then there he was. Eve looked stunned at first, then gradually broke into a big smile. Mickey spent quite a long time stroking her hair, holding her hand and giving her kisses.
Christina got a hug too. and Joshua took lots of pictures.
We said goodbye and then went out to find the Princess pavillion again.
I went straight to the doors and Asked how we got to see the Princesses with Make a Wish. the girl at the door was unsure as the process has changed, people now have to queue up for a pass, then queue up again to see the princesses, she wasnt sure if we had to just get a pass then queue or of we could avoid the queues al together. So she went to speak to her senior, who came and took us straight inside.
Eve saw, Tiana, then round the back to see Belle, and last of all to see Ariel. Everyone commented on her hair, and how Rappunzel would be so jealous. This made Eve smile all the more. But Rappunzel wasn't there that day. Never mind we would try again.
When we left the Princess Pavilion we were right at the exit of Its a Small World. We had already discovered this was an accessible ride so we went down to ask about getting on. There is one boat that had ramps and tie downs so we just had to wait for it to come around. Just a few minutes.
Eve was sitting right at the front of the boat and we were all behind her, so it was difficult to see her face, but I managed to get a couple of photos of her smiling broad smiles.
After this ride it was time to go back and meet Daddy. We arrived just moments before a choir from Great Brittain started a concert. The singing was beautiful and we all enjoyed it very much.
As we had tickets for the Buffalo BillWildWest show that night and we wanted to see Dreams, we decided we would go back to the hotel for a rest. Stopping at Mc Donalds for lunch on the way. (we Knew David could eat the chips there so it seemed the sensible option).
Back in the room we all relaxed on the bed. Wifi was available in the room so the kids caught up on Face book whilst me David and Eve all slept. I think Christina had a snooze too.
Unfortunately the cleaners arrived mid afternoon and disturbed us, but were very discrete and cleaned through very quickly. we managed to rest until 5 pm, then got ready for our evening out.
Thankfully it had warmed up a little by the time we went out again. Although we still needed jumpers, I put Eve's blanket on the back of the wheelchair too as we were going to be out very late. Dreams did not start until 11 pm.
So we had a stroll down along the lakeside and through the village. A quick snoop around the shops and then into Buffalo Bills.
It was quite a long queue toget in, but pictures on the walls and general excitement kept us entertained. Then once we were through we were told to get ourselves a cowboy hat with a green band, we were to cheer on the Green team.
There was live music on in the bar area, and we were encouraged to purchase wine to have with our meal. David and I rarely drink, but we do like a glass of wine occasionally and as we werent driving we decided to indulge in a bottle of Rose!
We were looked after by a lovely cowboy who told us to wait by the side of the bar until the crowds had gone upstairs and he would take us in the lift.
Then we were given a choice of positions at the table for Eve. we managed to get her positioned so that she could see really well. She loved the lights being dimmed and being able to follow the spotlights down on the show ground.
The show was fantastic, full of energy and audience participation. The food was amazing,continuously being topped up, as were drinks, coke beer or water freely available, plus we had our bottle of wine...We were very spoilt!
Eve was laughing away all through the show. She even got a tiny taste of ice cream which she loved.
Once the show was over we were once again taken down in the lift and out into the Disney Village. The hats were ours to keep! So we have them as a lovely souvenir of a wonderful evening.
We headed back into the park. We went back on the Small World Ride with David and Joshua on the boat in front of us to be able to take photos of Eve.
Then we wandered round abit more and Joshua and CHristina had another couple of rides.
We went back through Main Street and looked in some shops and then Joshua and Christina wanted to go back on Space Mountain. I was incredibly weary by this time so I stayed by Small World to wait for them coming back. I seemed to be there a Very long time and then to my horror I was told that Fantasy Land was closing to prepare for Dreams and I had to leave! I was ushered down through Discovery land and I tried to look out for the rest of them but could not see them at all. Then someone wearing a make a wish Teeshirt came up, having spotted Eve's badge, he told me I needed to follow him as we had a special place to stand to watch the show. I explained I had become separated from the rest of the family, He assured me they would be brought to the special area.
So Me and Eve were ushered into a cordoned area right in front of the Castle.
I was quite anxious about the others but really hoped they would just enjoy the show, we al knew where the hotel was and worst case scenario we would just meet up back there afterwards. So I relaxed and we waited for the show.
WOW, it was absolutely amazing. Eve managed to stay awake through the whole things and was really smiley and enjoying it. The photos are not great as it was obviously dark, but I got some short videos on my phone and managed to catch her smiles when the fireworks lit up the sky.
Once it ended we were carried along in the surge of people leaving the park.
I tried very hard to make my way to the side so I could look for the others. Eventually, having scuffed a few legs in front of us, I did get on to the pavement and as I looked up I spotted Christina, David and Joshua were behind her and so we all met up and everyone was fine.
The crowds leaving the park were amazing. I don't think I have ever seen so many people all walking in the same direction. Thankfully it was all very jolly and no one was frustrated. As we came to the Exit Gates over half of them were leaving the park, either to the car parks or the station. So by the time we got to the lakes there was much less of a crowd.
Thankfully I had had the sense to make Eve's Feed up before we went out and so I only had to plug her in to her feed and machinery once we got back. I think she was asleep before her head hit the pillow.
Everyone was ready fo bed but my mind was a whirl. I found it really hard to wind down and was still wide awake at 2 am.
I must have fallen asleep eventually as I was woken by Ee's alarms at 3 and agin at 4.30. I dont think I slept again though and just read some more of my book on my phone.
I was quite keen to be up and going on Saturday morning but the others were less enthusiastic. SO I had to be patient.
Ok enough Waffle ______________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
______________________________________________________________________
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment