Wednesday, 26 March 2008

Bake In!




It has been an odd few days. Being rather unwell from drug side effects, then trying to adjust the dosages and make the most of Jonathan's birthday, last week past in a flash...apart from the discoveries we made of files of untrue information stored about us across the country. That of course was infinetly uncomfortable and needs resolving..where I start I am not too sure.

The weekend was nice....we had a quiet Easter, reflective, family orientated and then snowed in! Sunday Morning dawned white! Very White! There was no way we could get out of the garden with a car so Joshua and Christina enjoyed building snowmen and making snowballs...they were out in the snow from before 7am. We enjoyed easy food for lunch...And then I revealed the chocolate fountain bought instead of Easter Eggs. We had a fruit salad on skewers held under the flow of chocolate...it was rather scrummy and Even Jonathan enjoyed more fruit than I have ever seen him eat in the past..tucking into rasberries and plums with gusto.

Monday saw some serious cleaning, Jonathan;s foster parents were coming to visit...I only ever clean up the first time an important visitor arrives...if our house is a total mess please consider yourself a serious friend rather than a guest...I hope you can see that as the compliment it is meant to be...Anyway, this was this particular couples, first visit to us in 11 years and so I felt I ought to make an effort...the hoover was dragged out and the steamer set to work...I very soon tired of trying to clean up after each set of foot prints crossed the lounge and so having a carer here for 3 hours, Joshua and Christina came to help me try to find a play house outside...it has been loaded up with so many boxes and piles of junk that it is impossible to play in there...we managed to clear the corder of one half of a table tennis table....you can see where we have been....just!

Having been really organised at 7 am on Monday dinner was well under control before our guests arrived....giving us a chance to catch up on 11 years news and events...it was really lovely to sit and natter and reaquaint ourselves with each other..I do hope we can keep in closer touch now...the distance between us is much less and it should be easy...time has a horrible habit of getting in the way of friendship unfortunately. We will at least try!

Rosie has been in respite since Tuesday and so we have tried hard to give some extra time for Joshua and Christina...tonight Christina and I headed across to the Manse to collect a gift offered in a moment of madness whislt Sue and I were shopping...it was nice to sit and have a coffee in a house as mad as ours...if only for an hour...Christina and I headed home with our loot. I had also managed to borrow half a pound of butter...how quaint is that????? Anyway our aim was to do some serious baking...the gift? A Kenwood Chef! I have been watching them on Ebay for a while now and had shared this seemingly useless information with Sue, in the cake Aisle of Asda...Sue graciously shared with me the moment of such a wonder being thrust on her by another Church member some time previously and it was still hiding away in the depths of her laundry....it is now cleaned lovingly and very overworked...We have produced some musli Flap Jack, a wonderfully sticky ginger cake, we minced some left over beef and made a curried meat loaf for tea...then we made some hot cross buns which are now being long proofed overnight to be cooked fresh for breakfast..in the guise of spiced buns as Good Friday has obviously passed!
Of course this was the trial run...All vehicle repairs hopefully achieved we are expecting the second version of visitors over the weekend...David and Joshua are off to Brands Hatch to welcome in the BTCC season and the rest of us are planning a wonderful weekend of friendship and good food....girls do I need to go find wine???? It is not something that is automatically in stock here...not that I am averse to an odd glass but just not a stock item...hmmm Sainsburys online for sure tomorrow! Any requests for the Baking efforts???

I do not know what the future holds, But I am glad I know who holds the Future!

No comments: