Saturday, 29 March 2008

Father and Son Bonding

Joshua and David share two common passions..Photography and BTCC (British Touring Car Championships) Today they are off to indulge in both for weekend. They are off to Brands Hatch...I made plans to share my load here with friends...it was all realy exciting...Joshua and David making plans for their time together me making plans to share time with good friends...Christina loking forward to lts of little people to indulge her passion of little people...Jonathan practicing the names of those visiting and trying to put names to photos of those people. We were all excited at meeting One particular little person for the first time. My friends son....adopted from Africa afer a long 31/2 year struggle he finally came home 20th December last year...this will be our first meeting...so exciting.

Sadly plans do not always turn out the way we hope. Even small disappointments are hard to bear...knowing God is still in control meas we have to accept that His plans are not always our plans...my houseful of visitors has dwindled to just two! The friend with the adopted gorgeous brown eyed boy! It is wonderful to be able to spend some time together and we talked and talked last night...I think they have slept well...I certainly have not heard a peep from them over night and I did not sleep well last night! I think there is a silber lining to the cloud of missing guests...one family should have been sleeping in my girls room....Christina and I slept there last night...David and Joshua had our bed so as to be able to creep out early without disturbing anyone...I spnt the firs part of the night searching for a post....eventually found what I was looking for and resent it where it was being asked for...I thankfully put down the computer and closed my eyes at 12.30 I think....I opened them again with a start at 3 am! Something had just run cros my back! I heard a scuttling and the silence...was it a mouse? was it a rat? as it a chinchilla or a guinea pig....guina pig was happily in his cage in Christina's room... I could hear the chinchillas in their cage in the office so we are lft with the two less acceptable possibilities..I foud it hard to sleep after that...kept hearing a scratch anda scuttle...I ws rather glad when I heard the kettle boil at 5.30 and I emerge from bed...sent joshua up to check the Chinchilla's were safly in their cage..they were! I w also relieved to see the block was still in the end of the new pipe that exits this room to be new drainage! I can oly presume we hav another mouse! I am glad it was me that discovered it! Plan today to visit the hardware store for more mouse traps!

Joshua and David managed to find the things they hadn't packed last night and headed out to the car. A few minutes later footsteps o the ramp announce they havent left...Tom Tom..little panic as we wonder if it was left in the courtesy car then I remember where I put it that night the car went back...off they go again...few seconds later footsteps on the ramp announce they have not left yet....tickets...could have been a frustrating mistake, kiss hug take care of they go....footsteps on the ramp announce they have not gone yet....no post code on the tickets to programme Tom Tom, Bye!!!! They are off its been 20 minutes now and i think they really are on their way!

I do hope they have a good time...It is nice when they have a good time togeher and come back ful of their day out! I would apreciate your prayers for their safe travel and a good day together!

I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Have a lovely weekend,
Tia