Wednesday, 12 March 2008

a blustery kind of day!

ys we do like Winnie the Pooh in this house! Eve thinks it is on of few things that should be aloud to invade her tv screen..she will argue with the presenter on the show when it finishes!

However our blustery day here has been rather too invasive, put a stop to a trip to the farm to see the baby lambs. Eve rather enjoys a trip to a farm and we did enjoy last years trip with preschool, however the wind was gusting around 80 MPH and several lorries had been blown over in the near vicinity so we dcided it was possibly best not to take our child who gives up breathing so easily out to an exposed farm! We decided instead to settle for some wallpaper stripping and browsing the tile choices for if we ever get round to having a nice new accesible bathroom...of course pink has to feature somewhere and if possible a little lilac too!
Post lady arrived wih a nice big pile of post..always exciting opening post even the nasty brown evelopes have me twitching with excitement...sometimes they hold a nice surprise...this one didn't!

A letter from the children with disabilities team...it seems that when a professional gives you an answer it doesn't often carry the meaning it would appear to to me a mere mother.

question posed to professional person...can I talk to you off the record?

Said prfessionals answer....Yes of course!

OK so to me that means that the conversation that followed should never have been discussed with her superiors or anyone else connected to her professional status!

So now i am holding a letter from her immediate suprior that talks of parts of that conversation and how they feel that it must be discussed with others, the letter also threatens my witholding the details of the conersation may delay the process they are already legally out of time for delivering even more!

Now nothing we have said or done is against the law, nor does it contravene and rules I am aware of. If the professional I firt spoke to had expressed concern about having an off the record conversation then we never would have had one!

The letter goes on to say, if you would like to discuss this please do not hesitate in contacting me! it also states a deadline for our decision to speak with the other proessionals as 25th March. So i ring her number...am told by the person answering the phone the letters author is on leave. So I decide to write an email instead...copyin i to my other email address ensures i have a copy of what I say too. havig sent the email i ry to calm down somewhat...go back o my inbox only to discover an out of office message has been auomatically generated...she is ou of the office until 27th March! (well the message actually says until the 27th February, assuming she is not off for 11 months it must mean March!)

So I have to make my decison to speak to others before the professional who cannot keep off the record comments to herself will be forced to disclose the information in a meeting on the 25th! This dosclosure is designed to ensure that our children are short changed once again!

Well already fired up by this news I decide to chase up the wheelchair service...it is two weeks since they last told me the lady i charge of seaing clinics would ring me back...I am still waiting...I also sent a letter of complaint to the chief executive at that time and have not even had an acknowledgement from him! So with my disgruntled head on I pick up the phone...chief lady is not in today! OK I have bi appointment for self on friday so can she call me back on Monday....no she is not in on Monday oh hold on I may be able to give you soe information. Lots of whispers in background...is it my suspicious nature or is there someone there who coul actually tell me themselves??? OK so a couple of minutes later we hav a seating clinic on 31st March... they cannot give us a time as yet but I have made sure they realise that we live 11/2hours away and have children to deliver to school for 9 am!

OK great something sems to have progressed! We also have a cancelation appointment come for Eve to see the orthopod who should be sorting out her bracing! That is for 10 am tomorrow...is there any possibility that we could get the body brace before the 31st??? i doub it too but a gal can dream!

phone rings and the Physio is only an hour away could she come and see eve's stander now it has been set up by the rep....yes of course. much fussing and tutting and then satisfied smiles and we are hapy with Eve's standing position...Eve also shows off her stepping in her walker and they are very impressed! these same phyios who felt it was totally innappropriate for Eve to have a walker!

David returned from the workshop across the garden as the physio left...he looked somewhat perplexed...his lovely workshop that h has only just finished roofing is straining under the strength of the wind...the middle sections are beginning to cave. It is now well propped with long lengths of timber in the hope it will hold out until he wind dies down and he has time to fix it!
"even the wind obeys His will peace be still" Please Lord let him be able to resolve it without losing any of the contents to the weather!

We had a huge influx of dults this evening! Jonathan's NCH befriender will be leaving afer he turns 18 next week, so we have a young man from Church who is going to take over, Kris is lovely and keen and friendly. He arrived at 4 pm along with Carol the current NCH support worker, then our evnig carer and her daughter arrived...Rosie still managed to grab the basin of frozen peas awaiting it's fate in the microwave and almost tip the lot out...just caught her half way through her plans! The three able bodied kids in the house at this time were falling out nicely over who did and did not want to play which game! They are capable of driving me totally crazy with their arguents all totally unnecesary. I was glad to cal everyone to the table at least we could see them all and most of the dinner went down a treat! Followed by the birthday cake noone could manage last night.

The evening went smoothly after that and I think all is quiet on the eastern front...even the wind seems to have abated a little now. My cold is taking hold though and I have earache, sore throat and a very horrible blocked nose...hoping it doesn't head back to my chest. I have a pain starting in my head that goes al down my left side...my arm seems heavy and my leg is ucooperative but my left ankle is really painful...sorry have i moaned enough now!

Think I am going to aim for an early night...1 am start today, I didn;t actually get up but was aware of Rosie stropping and moaning...popped to make sure she was not fitting or unwell at 3 but did not manage to sleep afterwards even though she quietened down as the wind was howling so badly! It was fascinating watching the trees bend and sway.
Planning on a littel more than two hours sleep tonight! PLEASE!

I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thinking of you Tina xxx