Well I hope it was! It was here! Sadly the Wedding was a long way away in Cornwall and we could not be there.
It makes me very sad that we could not be there. I would have loved to be there. I wanted to be there, we were invited and we would have been welcomed and the needs of the children would have been met I am totally confident in that. Sadly for us though there is no way Rosie or Eve would have coped with an eight hour drive each way. It would easily have taken eight hours even in the best of traffioc circumstances, and probably a lot longer had the traffic been bad.
So it was with a very heavy heart we had to decline the invitiation.
I have thought of the Bride and Groom many times today. They are in my prayers. We certainly hope and pray they had a wonderful wedding day they deserve every happiness.
Let me tell you a little about my Nephew Marc.
Son of my second eldest brother and his wife. Adrian and Jane, special to us for many reasons, maybe their love and support in a particularly difficult time of our lives, not just one time actually, they were there for us unconditionally on a few occasions. The one time I think of though is at the death of our second son Benjamin.
Marc is the eldest of two boys, his brother Matthew is just a little younger and as little little nephews they were very different characters. Marc has always been sporty..playing rugby was a great love of his. He was also always very fond of our Jonathan...I have photos of him lyimg on the floor alongside Jonathan as a baby, photos of them together when Jonathan went to stay for respite and photos when we visited once we had moved away. Marc came to stay at our house on the Isle of Wight to care for Jonathan and Joshua whilst we were in Great Ormond Street with Rosie and has always had a special relationship with Jonathan.
So today we have felt sad not to be there. But now longing to see the photos and hear the memories of this special day.
To Marc and Kelly.....we love you very much and pray for God's blessing on your marriage. Today is the first day of your life together, may it be a wonderful begining to a long and happy marriage. Sending our hearts full of love to the two of you!
David, Tina, Jonathan, Rosie, Joshua, Christina and Eve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Its a shame you couldnt make their big day. Your love and wishes are flying on the wind to be with them though. xxx
Post a Comment