Sunday, 10 May 2009

Spontaniety!

ysterday evening I received a text from a friend...may be too late notice but you can join us tomorrow at Centreparcs for free!

Hmmm for free sounded good! Joining this friend sounded good! Centre Pars sounded good!

We joined them!

It was a lovely day, Church was good, a dedication service, cake and tea afterwards had to be skipped but there were a lot of visitors so we did not feel we were being too impolite dashing off.

We arrived at Centre parcs a little before 1.30 with five hungry kids on board....well four actually as Eve doesnt do hungry she has back pack of feed will travel!

The parking was a bit complex...we got everyone out and headed where we thought we needed to go and quickly realised this was not quite so easy! Thank goodness for mobile phones, and interpreters and making quick decisions...thankfully we met up at Guests services and found a place to eat where all would be satisfied....phew!

Straight from lunch we headed for the swimming pool!
Joshua and Christina have been longing to swim for weeks. Again this was not quite so simple as it sounded. The swimming complex was huge! There were zillions of lockers and cubicles and even a few nice big disabled ones....no changing tables interestingly, however a gentleman quickly realised we were looking befuzzled and helped us to get Jonathan David and Eve through to the poolside as they were not swimming, then directed me back to where we had left the rest. Our friend went to get changed and said she would meet us through the other side! Joshua and Christina went to change and I changed Rosie....changing Rosie from clothes to swimming costume is the least battle torn change there is! She likes to put her swim suit on so doesnt beat me up in the process! All changed and we head through the wheelchair access to find David Jonathan and Eve! So far so good! Joshua and christina head off to explore promising to stay together!

Now where is our friend? No sign at all....Rosie and I go on an explore...find a much cooler quieter spot for David Joanthan and Eve to sit and watch from and deposit them there! head off round the other side...still no friend.
I head off to find something Rosie will like and find a shallow toddler area with a slide! Now bearing in mind I only took off shoes and have calf length skirt on this is an interesting situation! I manage to get her up the steps and sat at the top of the slide! A little push and she starts to slid then just out of my reach she stops! Now if I was to climb enough to reach her I could end up hurtling down the slide sideways fully clothed into the knee deep pool beneath....this was not the desired outcome! Aha! Small child comes to try the slide! Go on push her I encourage gently...little boy looks at me incredulously?????Can I?????? Yes go on she's stuck give her a shove.....big blue eyes stare at me excitedly.....Really can I push her???? Yes she will like it!

So little boy and Rosie arrive at the bottom of the slide in a giggling heap! I think they are in love!

At thisn point friend arrives and we head off to the poolside. Rosie sits down and looks at the water with a If you think I am going in their you are dafter than you look....sort of face about her!

Friend gently encourages, Rosie firmly refuses. I suggest friend may be better off picking her up....Rosie clamps her legs firmly round friends waist....an experience you cannot begin to comprehend until you have tried it....Rosie can clamp her legs round your waist and lock her feet together in a vice like grip that takes at least three persons approaching Geoff Capes strength to unclamp!


From that moment they are inseperable and have two hours of giggly happy splashy fun!

Joshua anc Christina are in their element, racing across the pool flying down the slides enjoying themselves like kids in water can!

All too soon it is time to drag them out and head for home!

It was a great afternoon. All are tired but happy now! I like these days when we can grab the moment and build a memory!

Such fun!

Thank you Lord for Friends who think of us and extend such pleasures and then go the extra mile to make it work too!

Hope you dont ache too much tonight TJ! We love you!

3 comments:

Trina and Jophie said...

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa84/JophiesJungle/HappyMothersDay.jpg

Tia said...

A lovely day!
Tia

Signing! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.