Wednesday, 1 July 2009

So much to do so Little time or energy

Time seems to be gathering speed and leving me behind. I have so many blogs in my head an no time energy or inclination really to get them written down.

Last week we were invited into schoool because Jonathan had been nominated for an award by the Lions Club. Schoool had made a big effort with a special assmebly and collecting comments from everyone about Jonathan's time in school lots of photos set to music on a slide show. It was lovely apart from......the Lions Club failed to show up!



It was very disappointing however I was very glad that Jonathan had no understanding that he had been let down so badly. He was totally oblivious and just happy to be the centre of attention and having lots of the children talking to him and about him.



Several of the Staff mentioned special memories they had of Jonathan. Many mentioned how polite he was, always holding doors open, always saying please and thank you etc. One mentioned his Christmas Jumper he wears very often, it has Father Christmas embroidered on it with his name underneath. It was a gift one year when we were at the Hospice around Christmas time and each child there at the time had a jumper like it. The rest if ours have long outgrown them but Jonathan wears his very often. Then the children were asked to say something about him. Lots of them said how kind he was, many said they were going to miss him and then one little boy came out to the front and hugged Jonathan, looked him in the eye and said.

"I am going to miss Jonathan very much in the playground and at school. But I am going to miss him in my heart very very much!"



Oh dear where were the tissues! sniff sniff!



I think Jonathanis a good friend to a lot of the little children in the school, as well as to his best friend D! D had a sheet of paper with his speech written on but it was very much his words!

Jonathan is my best friend and I will miss him. I hope you are very happy Jonathan and I hope you will come back and see us.



THen we had some fantastic ad libbing from the deputy head teacher, some music and some dancing. (the kids not the head teacher!)



It was a shame the Lions didnt arrive but the school did him proud anyway!



Eve slept through the whole thing on a bean bag in her classroom! The TA post for her is such a tough job! I think she as sat there with Eve crocheting!



Christina was away Thursday Friday Saturday at an outward bound residential trip with her school. So on Saturday we went off clothes shopping without her...it was OK though Cause her fashion guru was there! As we were making our way around Matalan in the search for trousers for Daddy Eve spotted the only thing worth shopping for.....tittydesses (Pretty Dresses for those without Eve Speak!)
There was a rather spectacular dress covered in pink rose buds that really caught her eye....DATS MINE! OK I had to agree is was VERY Eve! However when I found a size to fit her and tried it against her she glared at me and almost spat out the decalration tistina too!

So Matching dresses for Eve and Christina went into the trolley! Not sure it was going to help David's lack of trousers but hey one happy girl! I was not totally convinced that Christina would be thrilled with a dress for the party we were heading too. Like her mother before her Christina is never happier than in jeans and teeshirts However it was going to be a dressy up party and being as it matched Eves and Eve chose it and I had bought it she will wear it will love it.

So on around the store and we find some trousers for Daddy and some tee shirts for Jonathan and an outfit for Joshua that looks smart and he is happy to wear! PHEW!
Home again with our purchases a quick lunch and then get everyone washed and changed off to collect Christina and head to Sarah's party.
We had a great afternoon/early evening with Sarah and her family and lots of photos of happy times.
It was a good weekend, Joshua headed out to a school friends birthday party on Sunday whilst we all basked in the glorious sunshine...well Eve slept in the cool of th elounge and Rosie took herself off to bed for an hour. But it was amazingly relaxed!
I will try to find time to upload some of the recent excelent photos, tomorrow though sees us heading off early to Great Ormond Street hospital.

Love to all

No comments: