Sunday, 3 January 2016

The first Lords Day of 2016

Rosie punctuated the night with two hourly appearances with Eve's alarm waking me in between. At 6 am I felt very tempted to give Church a miss and just slob around in pjs feeling sorry for myself.
Putting Rosie back to bed in the hopes of a little while longer before starting the day I put the kettle on and made myself a Lemsip loaded with honey.
I curled back into the Sofa in Eves room listening  to UCB Radio, and the worship music focuses my heart and mind back on my Saviour and I knew I wanted to make the effort to get to Church.
I'm struggling still with very painful joints as my immune system is trying to fight this chest infection and therefore also attacking my connective tissues. Every movement is painful and fighting against Rosie's resistance takes all my will power. Eventually she is fed, washed and dressed. Christina is sorting Eve and I go in to help with some suction and to put up her feed.
We are running late but eventually make it to the car.
Joshua is returning to Worcester today so he is packing and organising whilst we are at Church.
We make good time and arrive just a few minutes after the service starts. Then the service rolls on and the children go out to their classes. The next Hymn just catches at my emotions and for the first time since the 20th of December the reality of Imogen's death hits me.
I shout for joy at the sound of your name.
Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand.

I have a clear vision of Imi shouting out in joy at Worship music and I imagine her standing so tall in the Masters presence worshipping in her perfect beauty.
The tears flow as my heart fully accepts she is gone.

So many memories flood through my mind in the next two songs which each give me vivid reminders of an Imogen who loved Jesus and loved to sing to Him.

Then as Nic continued with the Sermon. Jesus, Christ or Conman?
I have such a peace that My Jesus, My Lord and my God. My Saviour. My Prince of Peace. Is real and His promise of eternal life in his presence is so very real.

Yes there is sadness at the loss of those we love. But there is also joy in the knowledge that they are with Christ and we will join them in His perfect time.

I do not know what the future holds, but I'm glad I know who holds the future xx

No comments: