Saturday, 30 January 2016

A worrying week.

I week ago life in our house was plodding a long as usual. Jonathan was a bit chesty again my Christmas chesty cold was still lingering. Eve was looking forward to her teacher returning from Goa. Christina was getting on and David was happy being David. 
We all went to bed quite early Saturday night. Rosie did her usual getting up to ask to be put to bed a few times. But nothing out of the ordinary. 
About Midnight Rosie woke me from my Camp Bed and as I put her back to bed Eve started beeping in need of Suction. Quite unusual for them to kindly coincide like that. Both sorted I climbed back into bed and set my audible book timer for 15 minutes. I'm vaguely aware that I got up again but can't really be sure. Then with no warning and no build up I felt like my head was about to explode. From the top of my neck up into my head across myforehead  and I thought someone was twisting daggers through my ears. I felt suddenly so sick and made it to Jonathans bathroom to lose my dinner. I found my way to the kitchen cupboard stumbling and crying. I found some painkillers but no sooner had I swallowed them than I was stumbling back to throw them back. 
Eventually I could stand it no longer and I had to get Christina to come down. She helped me to her bed where I tried to rest In The dark and quiet. There was no escape from this explosion though. It kept on and I was violently sick again and again. 
Eventually Christina called 111 and they sent an ambulance. I was beside myself with the pain In my head. The paramedics were unable to find a vein to get a line in so gave me gas and air which did give some relief. On arriving in A&E I was left in the corridor the gas and air taken off me and soon I was unable to cope. A Dr spotted me writhing and read my notes. A Canula was put in and pain relief given and I was whisked off for a CT scan. Left once again in the corridor with bright lights I was distraught. Eventually they moved me into a cubicle and turned off the lights. My head still pounding but no longer nauseous. 
A Dr came to talk to me. To take the history again. He told me that they suspected I had had a bleed on my brain. But the CT scan had been inconclusive. They needed to do a Lumber Puncture. 
I was only slightly worried at this time. I just wanted answers and relief. I was so tired. 
I was moved from A&E to AMU. Another Dr came to talk to me and again said I needed to have a Lumber Puncture. An hour or so later after more pain relief I was moved again. M2. I'd never heard of it and couldn't work out where I was being taken. I couldn't keep my eyes open the lights were too bright. On arrival on the ward the Sister asked if I was being transferred to QMC. No beds was the answer. 
I eventually dozed off. Only to be woken for more observations. My blood pressure was too low. They shine lights in my eyes and checked my smile and my grip every 2 hours. 
Again they talked about an LP. Still none happened. I was getting more concerned about the thought of this procedure. 
By lunch time the next day I didn't really want to agree to this if there was an alternative. The Dr who came then agreed with me. Whether or not the LP showed blood they would still need to do an MRI so he went off to ask if I could go straight for MRI. I was told they would come for me as soon as they could. Tuesday morning and still no MRI. By 2 pm they decided I would be better off going home and being called from there. 
So now it's Saturday. I rang MRI yesterday to ask what was happening and was told I had an appointment on 1st March. I cried down the phone. Explained what I'd been told. They brought it forward to 22nd February. 
I rang the ward. The junior Sister was lovely. She tried them again but they said that was the soonest. So now I am left in limbo. Still feeling decidedly unwell, my headache is now just a dull ache that occasionally builds up worse but is calmed by pain relief. I'm very weak and frightened. I am too scared to attempt to do anything that may increase the pressure in my head. Of course That's not easy with the needs of my family. 
I have never in my life so wanted to be made to look a fool. But I really do need to know. 
I do know that if I believe in an Almighty God I have to trust His perfect Plan and timing. 
I would appreciate prayers to help me trust in Him. Thank you 

No comments: