Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Appologies and Thanks

Having asked so many people for prayer for our 3rd stage review panel meeing on Monday I appoloise for not letting you know how things went. One problem is I dont really know. Another is the fact that the meeting was confidential and we were asked to not discuss it outside of the room! I am sure blogging the details would not set me in good light.

So Suffice to say I suspect this will not be the end of the matter and I am still spending much time ensuring I understand the finer points of the Acts of parliament and policy and practice guidance relevant to those Acts. I am still not sure whether I am glad about or regret the fact that I did not study law! I am certainly studying it now.

Can I ask you to continue to pray for a timely resolution to our difficulties here please? Thank you for your prayers thus far!

The meeting was interupted by my mobile phone twice! Rosie was fitting at the hospice and they had to seek advice on her rescue medication. They rang later to let me know she had gone to sleep! Eve had decided that we did not need to be well rested for this meeting so I had actually been up since 3 am having not got to bed before midnight, I cannot imagine why I was having so much trouble keeping hold of my train of thought whilst speaking!

Tuesday was a restful day for the most part. Mum and I went out to get some shopping and had a drink and a cake in the supermarket cafe before reurning home where I put my head down in the Law books and government internet sites, Mum did a massive pile of ironing whilst David continued to work in the garden. The sun was shining and for a little while all was well in our world. The early evening was peaceful as Joshua and Christina came home and spent half an hour pulling weeds beneath the front room window and then half an hour in the hot tub before heading off to their cricket club.

The hospice rang again to talk about Jonathan's head. He developped a mass of boils in two clusters last week. A course of antibiotics had seemed to improve but not clear it and we had requested a doctor take a look. I am not sure they have actually looked in the right place! hopefully today a different doctor will be shown the actual problem.

Oh yes I nearly forgot. Eve made her Daddy proud on Monday, David and my Dad had taken her to the orthotic clinic for her back brace moulding! Apparantly she had been an absolute star, giggling through the whole process! We now have to wait around 3 weeks for the actual brace to be made, unfortunately no one asked Eve what colour she wanted...will have to see what they come up with! I just hope the hoist is sorted out before then..I am not sure I will manage to lift and carry her in a brace! Although that in itself is going to cause us problems as we cannot get a wheelchair through our house!
Mum and Dad go home today, that week went far too quickly. Dad is not too well now either, a cold or hayfever or some such issue going on...please pray or their safe journey too. It is going to be quiet here for a day or two until Rosie and Jonathan come home on Friday. Well maybe not, we have window fitters, fire officer and several different engineers and reps arriving over the next 48 hours!
Hey Ho onwards and upwards.
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!

1 comment:

Tia said...

Busy busy then. I hope things are sorted out soon.

re: lifting in a brace; you might actually find it easier than lifting her without the brace. It'll make her torso stiffer so there's something to get hold of - I know that at the moment she's a bit like a wet noodle when you try to grab hold of her.

Tia