Thursday, 15 May 2008

Sometimes I am just weary!

It really has been a rollercoster of emotions and events this last few weeks! knowing our MP was really inerested in helping to solve our difficulties with the DFG was a boost. The meeting he set up with the council was rather a rapid descent...it had it's little undulations where things seemed to move in abetter direction but we did not end up any higher than we started but with a little exceleration as we had learnt some of the tactics of the opposition. The Arrival of my parents was a deffinate high point and it was really lovely to see them again after so long...we last hugged them goodbye in December 2006 so it has been too long! Thursday was a deffinate downhill slide that extended into Friday and the repurcussions of that are still rippling out. The shock of discovering your child has been injured and no one has told you is one I would not wish on anybody. Trust so long battled for has been shattered! Friday was our wedding anniversary but it was overshadowed with numerous phonecalls from our Social Worker who it has to be said has been an abslute rock throughout this! We had to go to our County town in the morning and had planed on having lunch in a nice pub with Mum and Dad before dropping them at home and heading off to enjoy he afternoon together before going to see Smokie in concert! Sadly we only managed to stick to plans up to the lunch. In fact before we managed lunch we knew that we would have to hurry in order to collect one child from school and take them to see their consultant. We eventually got back home after 6pm and couldnt face going out so resorted to a bottle of wine in the hot tub...joined by 3 out of 5 children! (only in the hot tub not in the wine!).



Saturday dawned bright and glorious and we put the horrors of the week behind us to enjoy Joshua's Day. it was good to see everyone and we enjoyed a barbecue the first of the year! Spending time with those we love is always good. By the time we had all changed into our glad rags and headed off to Church all our minds were focused on Joshua and the decsions that brought him to Baptism. Having thought ahead enough to have employed a carer for Rosie I was able to relax and enjoy the service. David was fully occupied with his camera and all went well!


So fast forward to Wednesday morning. Mum and Dad are packing to go home and the children are sad. I am sad oo but trying hard not to let the children know. a week is not nearly long enough to spend with them, especially as we do not hve any idea how or when we will next see them. life never runs straightforwardly..Mum and Dad need to be at the train station for 12.30 it is a 45 minute safe drive so we decide to allow an hour. Then the evening beforer the phone ang and an engineer who is doing us a huge favour by coming hre after another job to avoid a massive cal out fee can come Wednesday between 11am and 1 pm...David has no choice but to accept, leaving me to take Mum and Dad on my own....not a terrible problem but I dont like being on my own and do get a bit panicky s i m rapidly ging through peoples name I could ask to come with me...non available spring to mind so I just leave it with a prayer for peace! God is good! The engineer arrives very early completes his job and gives David instructions on how to solve our problem and is gone in time for David to do the driving!

Arriving at the station in plenty of time we spy an Hotel over the road and decde their coffee has to be better than that available in cardboard excuses for cups on the station and head inside...We decided the waitress had gone to Brazil to pick the coffee, then realised we were paying towards her air fare...but the coffee was good and we got a lovely chocolate shortbead biscuit to go with it so didn;t mind too much. All too soon we were waving goodbye with hugs and watery smiles!

No time to brood however as we need to head home back to Eve spending the afternoon snoozing in th cozy corner at Nursery and then back to collect Joshua and Christina and a friends son who is spending the night with us due to his brother being in hospital for a minor op! This was a useful distraction for Joshua and Christina who would otherwise have felt the absece of their Grandparents somewhat more keenly. The children built themselves a neat den in the shrubbery alongside the seps to the hot tub...clearing the ground (involving breaking down some trees but we will overlook that bit) leveling out the soil and then pulling in tabes and chairs. They were rewarded for their cooperative play by having their tea in their newly built al fresco dining area! Peace rained and no one got wet!

Today was expected to be a little stressful...9am the window fitters were due to replace the front room window with french doors, and the fixed window to the side with an opening window...this is stage three of our window and door replacement and we are getting there slowly. I took the children to school, checkin that "bench ball" after school is still on and yes it was. Great that gives us till 4pm to collect them instead of 3.15. Dropped Eve at preschool and head of home....no window fitters! David was upstairs head deep in the engineers instructions whilst I looked for a number to contact the firm doing the windows. Isn't it odd how punching the numbers into the phone cause the Van to reverse onto the drive just before connection happens? The Driver and team leader arrived at the door looking very perplexed, they had picked the van up and noted it needed diesel, however worse still it had a puncture! by the time they had rectified both problems the traffic had built up out of the city and a normally easy 50 minute journey had taken them over an hour and half! oh well they were here and a cup of tea calmed their frazzled nerves and I left them to unloading and preperation. half an hour later whn their masonary saw fell silent I went out to ask a question....I still havenet remembered what I was going to ask...as my eyes registered the offloaded frames I was instantly aware of a problem! The windows were wrong! The rest of the house is replaced with sherwood wood effect on the outside and white on the inside...these were woodgrain inside and out! I am not quite sure who was most shocked and upset me or the fitters....there was no contest however when the manager got on the phone...poor guy was almost in tears as he tried to persuade David to accept them. If it had been any other room in the house we may hav been persuaded but it was the darkness of the lounge that convinced us to go for the white inside in the first place...and do I really want to have spent all that money and be disappointed?So we have a saw line down the front outside wall and that is it to show for our planning! ARGGGHHH. roll on 9th 10th June then!

The plumb who should have been qoting for the heating has not turned up...the builder who is coming to teder for the Councils plans is yet to turn up and the builders who are supposed to be tendering for our plans seem to have left the planet! Ongoing issues over the problem last week mean we are not sure whether or not one of our children can go to school next week, Monday we have the big planning meeting for Eve's school, I have done zero planning for that one. yet I have no time now either as tomorrow we have to travel to Loughboough to collect the offspring we left their last Sunday. However first we have eye clinic with Eve...that is a 40 minute drive away and I cant take david with me a the others have to get to school too which means i have to go alone and come back for him and get diesel on the way or I wont get back. not even contemplated what time I need to be on my way yet!

Ttrying to fit in an extra meeting at one child's school next week and then need a meeting with the respite house hoping the SW will join me...had hoped i could all happen at once and that someone ould just tell me to be somehere at a set time, however due to their work commitments it is up to me to liase and have them independantly which also means we cannot talk to everyone simultanously which is not helpful!

Sometimes I am just weary!

I am changing my tag tonight to share some words of Jesus

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew Chapter 11 verses 28,29 and 30

much love

No comments: