At long last Rosie and Eve have their new wheelchairs. They both chose the colour of the seat and the frame independantly, they dont match anymore but |I think they coordinate rather well.
Christina took part in a music and Drama class i the local village hall...the local children joined with children from further afield and a show was born. The basic story line followed the lines of snow white with a bit of cinderella thrown in. April 25th the show was staged in a nearby theatre and it was worth all the difficulties of getting her to rehearsals and workshops, it was a great night and all the chidlren did amazingly well.
The weekend prior to the show Joshua and Christina went on a siblings outing with the hospice. As it was over an hours drive from home we decided to stay at the theme park with the other three and had a great day! So good that we bough season tickets to allow us to visit again throughout the summer. Rosie loved the climbing and slides bit and the swing roundabout.
Monday the 28th of April we had a meeting with the local Council and the Chidren with disabiities team managers. This was set up by the MP who is really working hard to support us in our aim to get the house adapted to enable us to met the needs of the children more adequatley. Unfortunately the aim of the two councils was more to show how unreasonable we are than to try and come to agreement over what will meet the needs! The whole complaint procedure we have been working through has resulted in the professionals trying to put the blame on us.
All we want is the facilities and equipment and services to enable us to meet the needs of the chidren to the best of our ability.
At one point one of th emanagers through into the discussions an argument we had not heard before. Apparantly the Fire Brigade in some parts of Lincolnshire are now saying that through floor lifts are not safe!
About a year ago we had cause to call the fire brigade out to our house when we had smoke filling the girls room. It was some unsafe wiring causing the problem but whilst they were there the firemen did a quick safety check and were concerened about the distance betwen us and the children at night. We showed them the plans the Council had proposed and the plans we proposed and they far preferred ourt plans!
Unfortunately between their visit here and the complaint procedure getting under way I had lost the phone nukmber of the fire chief. Today, whilst looking for sdomehting else I found it and rang him. God's timing is so good. Had I found the number prior to Monday I would never have known this argument was going to come up. I now have lots of factual ammunition to offer back in favour of our proposal and also have the Linciolnshire Fire Safety Advisor calling to discuss our problems next week, just prior to the 3rd stage review panel!
I also managed to make contact with the LGO today and have advice now for our presentation of facts to the panel for Monday.
Your prayers would be greatfuilly appreciated for this review panel. It takes place on 12th May starting at 10am.
Also prayer for some dear friends of ours who have been bereaved recently two have lost children and one a father another a husband...(the Father and Husband is the same Man, His daughter is a close friend whose son is one day younger than Rosie we have known each othr for 15 years, her Mum and Dad were very good to us when we lived nearby, taking care of chidlren supporting us in times of sadness and rejoicing with us in times of celebration.)
Next week great excitement happens in our home as Grandma and Granddad visit. It is over 15 months since we last saw my parents and we are all so lookig forwrd to their visit.
I best close now as it is well past bed time.
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future.




2 comments:
Great to see the wheelchairs at last; I hope they are really comfy for the girls.
Sounds like small positives; I do hope so.
Tia
Love the new chairs!
Glad the firemen are on your side at least.
Post a Comment