Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Wordless Wednesday it aint!

Sorry...can't manage a wordless blog!
I will blog the birthday party when I have the time and energy to do it justice...it was a lovely day, an oasis in the midst of our turmoil...which is a very mixed metaphor but so what?

Today Eve had her follow up at Queens Medical Centre. I really did not want to go...I was so tired..not a lot of sleep due to many varying reasons, not least the fact we sat drinking coffee at 5 am discussing the site for the new cess pit...Eve had woken us with her mega twitching and that was the topic on our minds. The topic had a bearing on the rest of the day!

After a messy morning of retubing Rosie, ensuring the respite cottage have [plenty of advanced warning of the difficulties of keeping her tubed but the simple method for retubing....push tuibe through stoma and tape in place....simple...of course keeping a rosie still in order to achieve that is another matter! Oh well if they fail they can take her to the ward!

Then I had to sort the wages...should have been in yesterday but hopefully still ok a day late thank goodness for email!

Eventually Joshua Eve and myself drove off the drive at 1.43 precisely and headed to Nottingham...it is a 90 minute journey with little opportunity to overtake and we live in rural Lincolnshire where farmers the county wide are desperately trying to get their harvests in...tractors roled their merry way in front of us for much of the journey...we arrived in the hospital grounds at 3.45 for a 4.20 appointment....plenty of time....to cirlce the hospital for a parking space....once, twice three times and I am probably no longer a lady! I got very frustrated...their were spaces in many of the staff only car parks and the road around the grounds has permit parking only....why can they not leave the open air spaces for those of us forced to drive large vehicles? We cannot get in the multi storey car park, yet all the disabled spaces were full of normal sozed cars....how about the ground floor of the car park being reserved for disabled nornmal size cars and maybe the WAVs could park....eventually I sat outside the main entrance hoping someone would come out and vacate their space for me....then the car park attendant kindly indicated to me to park in the 30 minute bay....I reversed back so I could swing in and managed to swing in too tight and catch my rear wheelarch onto the bumper of the car next to me! ARGGGHH! I tried to reverse out as I came in to minimise damage but the atendant persuaded me to turn my wheels and CRUUNNCCHH the bumper and wheelarch knitted themselves together, I was not going anywhere!
Amazingly there was a community police officer just coming from the building and he kindly offered to stay with the vehicles with my details and mobile ohone number so we could get on to our apppintment...of course the moment I had located the ENT department the phone rang and a mildy irate lady was requesting I come back and try to resolve the matter.
I explained the issue to the receptionist who told me to go and they would wait for me.
On retunring to the vehicles it was obviosu we were not going to part them without more damage without help! I called the RAC who promised to be with us wihtin the hour.
The police man took each of our details and we exchanged them between ourselves, I then heded back off to clionic in the hope of being seen before the RAC came. I offered money for coffee for the lady and her passenger but they refused politely. It was all amicable thank goodness.
Just sat back in clinic when the phone rang again the RAC man would be with us in 10 minutes! WHY? When we are sat on the roadside with a car full of fretful kids they are 90 minutes at least! Just because I need to get through this appointment they come in 10 minutes. The clinic staff are brilliant and get us in and seen, everyone is so kind. Howver the appointment was no help! ENT can do no more, have no answers are totally out of their depth...good luck with neuro tomorrow and off we go!
As I am leaving the clinic the phone rings again to tell me that the RAC man has arrived....perfect timing,
Very nice RAC man manages to move the car off my wheelarch and there is thankfully limited damage to either vehicle...the Toyota will need a new bumper at worst and ours just needs a bit of touch up paint!
Hopefully that will resolve with inurance!

ON the way home I am so so tired, struggling to keep going I eventually am forced to pull over haviung found myself nodding! A drink and a walk and back in the car...arriving home at just after 7.15 David has already had a call from the lady whose car I hit...he is not impressed but cools down once he sees there is little damage!

I am not looking forward to tomorrow...Sheffield Neurology here we come...I do hope their is at least the start of some answers!
Night Night! I must sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

omw tina, what a day!! poor you!