Saturday, 30 August 2008

A Birthday Blog!

Sorry, this Blog is a little out of chronological order. I did not want to post about the birthday whilst I was so stressed out by the Crisis happening in our life. It was too good an afternoon to be marred with my anxieties!
Christina and Daddy share a birthday!






Christina had told us whilst we were in holiday she didnt need any birthday presents just her friends round to play! Christina is frequently like this! ( Dont get me wrong there are times when even Christina seems to think we have a money tree, but she is not a particularly I want sort of Child!) There are many stories about trying to extract an idea from her about what she would like for Christmas. One year her Christmas list went somthing like this.
A good nights sleep for Mummy so she can enjoy Christmas Day
Some Liqourice All sorts for Daddy.
Jonathan would like a new toy dog.
Rosie...well can Rosie just be well over Christmas.
Joshua...I think Joshua might like a train.
If you have to bring me somthing Father Christmas I would look after a kitten!
Thank you Lots of love your friend Christina!








Anyway, I digress. We had found on Ebay months ago a Pink PS2 with High School Musical Song Star....I bid and I won and I hid and I actually found again!
Christina was thrilled! It even has a pink memory card!

I also managed to find a novel present for David...he particularly likes the Dewalt range of Power tools. They are enormously expencive but are good quality and last...no I have not bought him a power tool! Whilst on Holiday at a Market in the little town we stay in, I spotted a Pair of Overalls with DEWALT embroided on the pocket and across the sholders! THey looked really smart and just his size!
He too was thrilled.
The party invites stated 2-4. Our first guests arrived at 1.15 as they had to leave early, the children had a swimming lesson. Next came My friend from Norfolk....aimed to be here for 1pm but trafffic problems meant it was nearer 1.30. THen by 2.15 the garden was full of fun and laughter. I think at the height of the afternoon there were 16 children and 9 adults! It was good fun.






Actually it was such good fun no one wanted to leave. We rang the homes of the few children who were with us without parents, saying we would drop them home around half 5! At Half 5 I had to ring again and say maybe half 6! In fact the last guest left at 8 pm! By which time we had a builder with us to discuss the plans and building work etc...it was gone 11pm by the time he left! Exhaustion hit and we fell into bed!






It was a good Birthday though!

Those candles just kept on relighting

5 comments:

Robyn said...

wow she looks so grown up!
is that your garden? Its lovely!

Tina said...

Yes Robyn that is our garden...and Christina is growing up far too fast! I am so pleased she has so many good friends though!
hugs
Tina

Alesha said...

"....I bid and I won and I hid and I actually found again!"

THIS is the funniest thing I've read in several days!!!!!

Thanks for the chuckle!
Alesha

Alesha said...

RYC: Oh, I totally understand! Especially since our move back in February.

I can't find a darn thing and haven't been able to for over 6 months!!!

NOW - if it had been a medical supply of some kind, I would have know exactly where it was! I bet you would have, too!!! :-)

Btw, you can message me from my xanga blog, should you ever want to do that. It's at www.xanga.com/akconklin

Hope your weekend is GRAND!
Alesha

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a party you had! Christina sounds like a very special little girl. I loved that she wanted you to have a full night's sleep for Christmas. I truly think the siblings of our kids are a special breed. Did she ever get her kitten? I happy to see you had a great day after all the turmoil in your life.
Christy, mom to Baylee