I am incredibly emotional at the moment. Far too much of reality hitting home. Christina is now unwell with a barking cough and the school were concerned about her being very tearful. I did suggest the school rang Action For Young Carers to ask for help...in th emeantime I rang to warn her keyworker there that school may be ringing. I ended up haveing a good grizzle down the phone to her..she is such a great person and really cares/wants to help/and seems to know what to do to put help in place. School had not rung her but she was going to get in touch and go in and see Christina there next week. I have told Christina who is pleased. Phew!
I also had a call from Children's services. We have been without a Social Worker for the children for a little while...it hasnt really mattered I have been to tied up in important things going on to have time to deal with them anyway. However there are things they ought to have been doing and havent which will have a knock on detrimental efect on the family if they are not put in place reasonably soon...like before Christmas??? So I was taken aback to have a call from a social worker telling me she was taking over Eve's case and would like to come out and meet us!
Financial concerns abound since the problem with our build. We are reliant on the Council to meet their DFG pledge and they are being a bit reluctant to part with cash...we have parted with cash and more cash needs to be parted with...prayer for God's bountiful provision would be much appreciated. We do have a solicitor dealing with the difficult stuff and I am reasonably confident she wants the best for us. I will wait with baited breath her next letter.
Tonight Christina's school had the annual Christingle service followed by the Christmas Fayre. It was touch and go whether we would be able to attend really. So much happening and little time to organise care etc. However our wonderful morning carer volunteered to come by and sit with Rosie and Jonathan whilst we went...Jonathan's carer would be here part of that time too so it would be a safe situation. So we told school we would probably be there but probably arriving very tight! Head was grateful to know we were hoping to be there as Christina had a reading! However come 5 pm no sign of carer and the show started at 5.30....I tried to ring the head but she was not answering her phone...far too busy trying to sort the Church apparently. Phew Carer arrived at 5.15 apparantly there had been an accident that had held up traffic...we were grateful to see her and said goodbye!
Arriving at the Church at 5.29 precisely we entered expecting a hushed silence but were met by a wall of chatter. thakfully nothing had started yet and we had a good 10 mins before it did. Head teacher was pleased to see us and thanked us for making it which was nice!
All went well...Christina read well and the carols were sung well and then we sang Away in a manger. I love the carol....but since Luke died it always brings a tear to my eye when I sing
Bless all the dear Children in thy tender care.
I totally lost the plot though this year...the next line was slightly different words...instead of
And fit us for Heaven to live with thee there.
it read
And take us to heaven to live with thee there!
Not yet Lord please....I left the Church in tears thrusting Eve at a poor teacher stood in the doorway as I went!....actually I didnt manage to actually leave as there were thick curtains at the doorway and fighting through them I did not have the strength to lift the latch on the door so stood hidden by the curtains trying to regain some compsoure! I manged to make it back into the Church in time to see them all lined up along the Aisle with their Christingles as the lights dimmed for us to sing Silent night......it was beautiful!
We left the Church to head to the Villge hall for the fayre....I have to admit I was not really in the right frame of mind but sat quietly with Eve chatted to some friends and had another good cry with the most unlikely of people!
The Teacher who ended up with Eve in the Church also turned into a very good listening ear...another surpise in that I had not ever really had a lot to do with her....although I know that Christina has a particular soft spot for her. She is lovely though when you get to talk!
We eventually got home just ater 8pm....far too late for me to be out! far too lat for Christina too she has been barking like a seal all evening and is still at it now as she sleeps!
All is relatively quiet now as the builders have gone home for the weekend and the house is making it's night time creaks and groans.
Think I will head to bed and see if the rainbow is out tomorrow!
Tina
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Oh my! I have no idea what those traditions are but it all sounds very sweet. Good luck with all the things you need to do before Christmas. I don't know what the operation was but it sounds like it went okay. And a barking cough is not the thing! Blessings!
Sounds like you had a very emotional day! I don't know how you do it! You are truly and inspiration!
Christmas is always an emotional time for many, there is always added appointments, carol services, fayres along with the normal stuff makes life exhausting. You do an amazing job, coping in times when many people would give up. I know your faith gives you strength and i give thanks for that, but you yourself are an amazing woman and you should be proud of yourself for the way you live your life. Caring for others so much, thinking of others so much. You are remarkable and please remember that. Hugs and strength being sent your way x
hugs Tina, a tough time you are having and seem to be having for so long. I am with you on the crying right now..everything sets me off..sending you kleenex and a virtual hug my dear..
hang in there xx
Post a Comment