Last Saturday the children were delighted to have two new rabbits to replace the two rabbits and two guinea pigs they lost last month. We had a lovely week witht he two brothers we named Jacob and Essau. They were really soft and cuddly and so calm...they enjoyed scampering round the lounge, loved to sit up with Eve on the Sofa and be snuggled up behind her back or sitting on her head. Last night Joshua took some great photos of them sharing a bowl of food and then laid together side by side on the floor. Just before chasing the kids off to bed we put the Rabbits out in their hutch...moved from the lower lawn up onto the Deck outside the front room doors just to be safe.
At 2.15 this morning there was a horrible nosie outside our bedroom window...pulling myself up to look out the window I saw a dog, at the hutch.... As I yelled at it to go away it moved back and I saw it had something dangling from it's mouth. We went downstairs to check the cage hoping upon hope the other rabbit had escaped....opening the cage I discovered a smaller dog laid across the broken upper stage....the doors hanging and chewed. They had killed both rabbits and destroyed the cage. David was beside himself with anger and frustration and grief...I was trying to prevent him doing something that would put him in the wrong...I reached for the phone to call the police and David managed to tie the larger dog to a post on the deck...the smaller dog being trapped in the cage. The police thankfully came fairly quickly....Joshua had woken with the noise and had again witnessed his pets killed.
There is no law about dogs killiing domestic pets apparantly! The Police have taken the dogs and if not claimed they will be destroyed. IF the owners come forwrd they will be asked to pay compensation but there is no law forcing them to unless we want to take out a private prosecution for damage to our property. Of course we have nothing else to do....aside from the building court case...the looming LEA court case....the health issues we deal with all the time..the added health issues we are facing with Eve....the difficulties Joshua and Christina are dealing with in their transition in school, working on Jonathan's transition to college and fighting for the place at the Sense College for him....moving forward with Rosie's social worker to ensure we get the night care we need resolved....working on Eve's care package to ensure that has her situation changes we are supported to meet her needs whilst still ensuring the needs of everyone else are met....oh yes another battle to fight is just what we need.....on top of course of the children's grief at the loss yet again of their pets and the fear that if they get more it will happen again!
It was easier to cope with the thought of it being a fox....a fox has no other choice....knowing that someone has allowed their pets to roam wild and do this hurts ten times more!
I am so so tired of the fighting....it is cold, their are big holes in my house....we are struggling to maintain safety here whilst the work goes on....today for the first time in 12 weeks the building is getting to me....only because of everything else piling up I think but I am so so tired!
Sorry for the whinge...happpier postings have to follow soon dont they?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Really sorry for you.
We lost a few kittens this year and the kids were suitably upset, and that was just to natural causes.
I have come home today and I am going to have to take management into town to find a little bloke. She needs a fight!!!
R
just so awful tina
thinking of you xxx
Post a Comment