Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Eve is Home

Yes 2pm this afternoon the doctors decided they were not doing anything we couldnt do at home and Eve ws not at any risk by being sent home so they agreed between them all to change her to Oral antibiotics and send us on our way. Unfortunately they left it rather late as I needed to leave the ward by 2.45 pm to get home in time for Rosie's bus. Thankfully the Nurse caring for us knows us well and knew I was genuine in my request for them to remove the canulae in Eve's had and give us back our meds so we could be on our way. We made it home with 10 minutes to spare.

So we are home. Non the wiser as to what caused the problem nor whether it will resolve completely. Meanwhile Eve has slept from about an hour after arriving home but she was happy to be here and greeted her siblings with big smiles and a loud HYA to Jonathan when he came home.

We are awaiting a call back from Metabolics and I hope to arrange to bring our appointment with them forward. There are some new happenings that I want reassurance about. Eve has started to have periods of being really clammy and sweaty, profusely sweaty litterally dripping off her face and her back soaking wet. These spells last around half an hour but are very dramatic. Also the heart rate seems to have settled now at a new normal of 130=145 BPM with episodes of 160 plus. Her urine output seems to have lessened from 3 soaking wet nappies and one just avereage to each nappy being only damp. Her fluid balance was very much in the positive every day she was in hopsital, I have not gone as far as weighing nappies since coming home but need to know if there is any relevance to the difference. Eve is also still much wearyier, and still putting more effort into her breathing than before. Although it is not noisy like it was a week ago up till Sunday.

Please pray for my parents, Dad went back to hopsital today for a biopsy that was not possible a fortnight ago, I have not heard from them as to whether it went ahead today or not nor how he is. So please keep them in your prayers.
Tired now so heading to bed. maybe I will find something positive to blog tomorrow!
Hugs to all

3 comments:

Sara x said...

Sending prayers for Eve and your parents, i know they take comfort in their faith and my that comfort bring them strength over the coming months. God bless x

Robyn said...

welcome home Eve...and hugs to you Tina and hope you get some answers...its the new symptoms that baffle that are so worrying/frustrating...
hope your dad is ok
xxxx

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hi, you were over at my blog. I don't know why the pictures didn't come through. Your the first one to say that. Thanks for stopping over.