Monday, 4 January 2010

Me and Aled By Rosie!

Friday 1st January, Dad and Joshua went off to Loughborough to collect Jonathan from Rainbows. Mum and Iris were busily trying to sort out clothes and medicines into piles around the lounge, it was very odd. I was desperately trying to get them to read to me or play with bricks and they kept escaping and finding more things to do.

Eventually I went to bed and left them to it. Dad and the boys were back and Mum was shouting up the stairs for people to bring things. Blow this I am off to bed so there!

When I woke up on Monday morning Mum was really happy, Sarah arrived just as we were finishing getting dressed and Mum asked her to pack a bag with my feeds and things for a journey. Now! I dont like journeys...I saw my wheelchair come in and I knew something was a going on. Suddenly I was strapped in and off outside, but not to our minibus, a different bus had pulled up outside and Eve and I were loaded in....lots of luggage was loaded around us and two whole boxes of oxygen cylinders secured under the seats. Everyone else climbed in and sat down, Dad was in the front but not driving, another man was driving, everyone called him Dean,
Mum and Sarah were talking to me, we are going to see someone Sarah said. I knew it was something different and exciting and even though I dont like traveling I was getting excited.
We were traveling a long way, after a long time we stopped and got out for a feed and change. Everyone else had a drink. It was snowing as we set off again and the traffic all slowed down, I could see the grown ups were looking less happy now, the bus was going really slowly. After a while though things speeded up and laughter was heard again and we were going along nicely...and then we stopped. Mum got out and went into the building we had stopped by and Dad and Dean got me and Eve out. Another man came out with a big shiny trolley and he and Dad loaded all our things on it and then Dean went and left us there!
We went inside and it was a great big hotel. The man with the trolley took us up in a lift to two big bedrooms that were joined together by a door between. We all went i and had a good look round, Then Mum made Christina have a bath and wash her hair, I got in with her after a while and Mum washed my hair...we were al dressed in our best clothes, I was wearing my new red dress I had for Christmas. We went downstairs to eat and then got back into the minibus with Dean and went off for a shorter drive. The roads were really snowy, the lights around were bright, There was a big wheel near the Hotel and it was lit up with blue lights, it looked really pretty.
Then Dean stopped the minbus again and we all got out by a big glass building that was shining across the car park. It was really busy with lots of people going in. Mum got the tickets from a lady and we went up in a lift. We were shown to a door into a little room that went into a bigger room with chairs in. There was plenty of room for mine and Eve's Wheelchairs and room for me to get out too. Mum and Sarah and Christina sat down and I climbed on Sarah's lap. Mum gave me a big red shiny book with photos in...as I turned the pages suddenly I saw a picture of my favourite singing man, I grabbed Sarah's hand and showed her and grabbed Mummy and showed her and gave him a kiss and smiled and looked at him closely. I liked this book there were other pictures of him in and lots of other people all dressed up. I liked the big picture of him in a white suite! Then the lights started going out and I couldnt see my book, I wasnt pleased until suddenly the music started and lights behind a big red curtain came on and the curtain started moving and there were people down there. They were talking and singing it sounded good. Then they were talking again and I wanted them to sing. After a while the singing started again and I liked it...it sounded really nice. But then the lights changed and there was a room downt there and the two men were just talking and I got a bit bored. I tried to get down and look at my book but it was to dark. I tried to get back in my chair and I wanted my book but I couoldnt see my book so I got out and went to say hello to the lady in the next seats to Mum but Mum wanted me to come back and sit on her knee. But whether I sat on Mum's knee or Sarah's knee I couldn't see my book and I wanted to look at HIS picture!
Mum took the book off me and I went to get it again. Sarah wanted me to sit down and then....oh the man was singing....he was singing and he sounded just like....was it? I couldnt quite see....but yes I closed my eyes and it was deffinitely HIM. I leaned forward over the bar to look down. I was laughing and giggling and my face was aching with smiling so much but it was HIM! I could hear him singing. I leant back and grinned at Sarah. I grinned at Mum I leant forward and smiled at HIM!
Oh it was lovely...I couldnt stop laughing and waving and leaning forward...Sarah and Mum were hanging on to me quite tight. I wanted to get closer.....he was singing to me!
The music and singing and dancing and music went on and on. I kept hearing him...then it wasnt....then it was him again. The other singing and music was nice but HE was best!

Then it was over....the big lights came on and I could see my book again. I climbed back into my wheelchair but no one strapped me in. Mum and Dad were moving things around and Dad was playing with his camera...I wanted to go now, it was late I was tired and I wanted to take my book to bed and look at His picture.
Then after a long while of waiting for them all to get organised the door opened and a man came in. He looked familiar, I think I knew him, he talked to Mum and Dad and then he talked to me and gave me a hug. then I think it was him....but he wasnt singing and I was tired and I had heard him singing and he was lovely and he wanted a photo with me so I stood with him and we had lots of photos taken. It was nice but I was tired. Joshua and Jonathan had their photo taken with him and Christina had her photo taken with him. Eve wasnt sure. She smiled at him lots until he spoke to her, then he touched her and her bottom lip came out fit to sit on. Eve didnt get her photo taken with him.
Mum gave him a hug and he shook hands with Dad. Christina had a hug and so did Jonathan but Joshua is much to grown up he had to shake hands. Then he was gone. We went back down in the lift to wait for Dean, then we went back to the Hotel, tired but happy.
It was a great day! It was a lovely evening. It was Aled Jones and he came to see me!

Love Rosie!

The Lowry Theatre Salford Quays
Jonathan and Sarah in the Foyer of the Hotel


The Big Wheel lighting up the sky.


All Dressed up but where to go?



Eve making eyes at Aled


A hug from Aled...isnt he lovely?


Christina gets a hug too
All the boys together then!

When we got home on Sunday night The cats decided they were coming with us if we went away again. They climbed into the case and refused to come out!


Thank You Caroline and Justine from the Dream Team!






1 comment:

Sara x said...

What a wonderful day you all had. A dream come true for Rosie and i bet some others to. A special memory made. xxx