Saturday, 13 March 2010

I love having friends!

That is the title of a song on one of Eve's CD's

I Love having Friends
I love having Friends
I am thankful that God saw fit to Fill my life
With lots and lots of friends

And I am certainly thankful for my friends. Friends close by who can come and listen and comfort me with a hug.

Friends I know well but see often who talk to me on MSN or Text or by phone.

Friends who I have never met yet who love me and my family anyway and talk to me through the internet or again by text.

Friends who are there for me when things are difficult, take a text message when I am heading off in an ambulance and usher up the prayer warriers,

Friends who realising it's my birthday organise flowers to brighten my Day.
Friends who when it isn't my birthday but know I am feeling low send me a photo by text of a cup of coffee they wished they could sit with me and drink.
Friends who just know the right thing to say, the right verse to quote the right hymn words to remind me of.

Friends who will drive miles in order to meet up for a short while to wander round a shop not even deep in conversation much of the time but in friendly companionship.

Friends who knowing I am so desperately tired will pray for a good nights sleep. Friends who pray for me unendingly often not knowing the specifics but knowing God does.

Friends who I may not see for a long time but when we meet together at last we can pick up our friendship where we left off.

I am so thankful for my friends. Each and every one of you

I give thanks for you always making mention of you in my prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thankyou for this blog tina, i dont thank God enough for the people around me! love to you and all the hillier family xx sarah xx

Sara x said...

Friends are God's gift to us all. Thank you for being on of the best friends I could ask for xxx