Thursday, 11 March 2010

Self Indulgent

Sunday Morning we were warned against laziness...hmm am I allowed to be Lazy today? Thessalonians 3 tells us if we dont work we wont eat! Ok I will sort the washing and prepare the dinner and dress eve and do the stuff that just cant not be done....but then can I be lazy?

I have beenhaving a lot of trouble with pain over recent weeks. A visit to the rhuematologist has confirmed I have significant inflamation despite lots of steroid treatment and the other bucket load of stuff I take for my Lupus.
Knowing why and having the Rhuematologist agree that indeed I do have pain....that was good of him wasnt it...sadlt doesnt make it go away. I am totally fed up with it, it interferes too much with who I am and what I want to do..makes me feel a failure as Mum a Wife and indeed a friend.
Prayer is mostly all I have to offer my friends and family...I know Prayer is the best tool God has given us and I know how much people appreciate prayer and I do pray. Doesnt stop me wishing I could do more though.

So today I am going to be self indulgent a little. Hence Eve is still in bed in PJs watching her TV and I am sat on the computer typing and reading whilst I await Jonathan;s taxi at 9ish.
Why choose today to be Lazy???? it's my Birthday! My eldest brother was the first to wish me a happy birthday, a little later the carer arrived and added to my birthday wishes, then the children came down with a pressie and a card...David however has ommitted saying the words...do I just take it he wishes me it anyway? Lol I have been married to him for almost 29 years I ought not to hope for change now did I?

So I will be as lazy as possible today...but will work just enough to eat!

9 comments:

Sandra Fisher said...

Happy Birthday!! Hope you manage a lovely lazy day. xxx

natasha said...

happy birthday!! today is for you to be as lazy as you like :)

bethan said...

happy birthday! enjoy a very lazy day, i hope nothing pops up to interupt it and i hope tomorrow and the weekend are better for it. *huge enormous hugs* xxx

Anonymous said...

Join the gang! I didn't get a card for my birthday the reason..."he couldnt find one he liked!"

And guess what...it would seem that you can't make cards on computers...they're just for playing games!

Happy Birthday!!

Lisaxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tina Have a lovely lazy day,enjoy x
Donna

Anonymous said...

Happy lazy birthday!!

Tina said...

Oooh thank you everyone...Donna are you Ambers Mum Donna?? Hugs to you both if so.

Alesha said...

More than a little late, but very heart-felt, nonetheless:

Happy Birthday, Tina!!!

:)

Alesha

Sara x said...

Oh Tina, i wish i had known. Happy Birthday though very belated. Hope you managed to have your lazy day xx