Wednesday, 10 November 2010

Cold and wet and windy with a dose of sunshine

The weather has been somewhat unpredicatable recently. Put the clothes on the line and suddenly the clouds creep out of nowhere and the rain will fall. The wind is biterly cold and the winter clothes come out and the heating goes on. Then next minute we are too warm and stripping off again.

Thankgoodness for the beautful snuggly quilt that Aunty Tia made for Eve last year. We can wrap her up nice and warm with less layers underneath so we can cool her down quickly.
It's a problem when your thermostat doesnt work. No way of knowing whether you are hot or cold without actualy putting a hand on you neck or tummy to find out. Eve's temperature control is worse than Rosie's. If the weather or the room is warm then Rosie will slowly warm up to roasting point unles we take action, taking off a layer of clothes or putting on a fan. If the weather is cold we wrap her up in layers or turn up the heating or throw her in a warm bath.
With Eve it isnt so simple. She can continue to warm herself up even when it's cold and there are days when I have a jumper and coat and she is still in summerwear. Then without warning her temperature will plunge and she will be like Ie and hot water bottles and blamkets and cuddles are needed to warm her back up but then putting a brake on that warm up is hard.

Mostly Eve wears lightish clothes and we throw a blanket on her when in the wnd or walking on a very cold day. This we can whip off her when she goes indoors and throw back when we go back outside. However this last week she has been yo yoing with her temperature like nobodies business. Last nght for instance she was in bed with pyjama's on under her quilt in a warm room and yet she was cold. This morning as I was getting her dressed I could feel her warming up as I washed her like a radiator coming on. We got downstairs and I had put just a skirt and school teeshirt on as she had been quite warm and then as Joshua did her feed he told me she felt cold...she was icy! So a school jumper went on and the blanket and I sent her off. I hope they have had a more stable day at school. No phone calls so I assume so. The nurse was going in to do some resuscitation training so I know she was in safe hands lol!

Well It's certainly cold here now, I have a curry cooking for tea, then Dad Joshua and Christina are off out to Archery whilst the rest of us stay home to get to know our knew Carer. First though we have the palliative Care team Nurses coming to get to know the children in their bid to be confident enough to give David and I some time out.

It's our 30th Wedding anniversary next May...we are working up to a night out I hope it works out.
Ooops best go here they come!

1 comment:

You mean there's more??? said...

You want a BIG log stove.

Put up a line in the living room, the stove sucks the moist air out of the room whilst heating it at the same time.

It has saved us a fortune on using the tumble drier.

Much more air moving through the house means less stress on the de humidifyer too.

A good make is Euroheat.

Though we also love our Franco Belge.

It was cold and windy yesterday; living room 21C

It has been cold and not windy today: living room 24.5 using less wood.