Saturday, 29 November 2008

43 hours at home so What does he do????

We came home form the hospice yesterday at 3 pm...tomorrow at 10 am we will be leaving the house to go to Church and going straight from Church to return Rosie to the hospice and on to the children's hospital weith Eve...I will then not be home again until Eve is discharged and we have no way of guessing how long that may be.

Joshua and Christina have homework to finish and bags to pack and things to be sure are ready, Rosie has medicines to be organised and washing to be done and bags repacked same for Eve. I have a whole mountain of washing to try and wash and dry and ensure everyone has clean clothes for the week. I also need to ensure there is food available that they can cook for themselves and have enough to feed the family plus three builders until I return.

Christina needs new shoes...her school ones are falling apart but Clarks did not have anything that would fit her size 1 H feet...we have tried numerous shoe shops and noone seems to have anything anywhere near a similar shape to her foot...so once everyone was more or less organised this morning and a carer was here to care for Rosie and keep an eye on Eve Christina and I set out to Tesco to try and resolve the food problem and to Bouys to Resolve some of the uniform problem and then to the factory shop to try and find shoes!

We managed on all scores even though the shoes will not last more than a few weeks at least I can relax for thihs week that she has trousers and shoes and I bought meat and veg etc to make some meals for the men!

We arrived home to the sight of David and Joshua on the scaffold making a lot of noise! Apparantly the most oimportant job of the day was to start remoiving the chimney breast from the utility room...the fact there was washing airing in the utility room and washing in bags both clean and dirty and the washing machine and tumble drier both full of washing...just seemed irrelevant.

I managed to insist that the room was cleared before they actually came through the ceiling...most of the existing dust shook off...but now I have no where to wash and dry the mountain of clothes that need to be clean before I go!

the utility area is full of brick dust, we have a hole in the ceiling the chimney is far from removed...it proved far more stubborn than it looked....now we are all exhausted, I have made a casserole and a shepherds pie for next week and there is burgers/chips/sausages in the freezer....and a pile of dust and a hole in the ceiling and nowhere to do the washing.....and there was a delivery from argos with the bathroom cabinets so as I was trying to feed everyone for tonight and trying to see what clean clothes there were and looking at the bags that need to be sorted and repacked and trying not to think of the what ifs for next week and the what maybes for the results of the what ifs next week...Joshua and David felt the best help they could give was to open the three boxes and the mirriads of small bags of screws and fittings and pieces of jigsaw that promise to become cupboards and sort piles on the front room floor....which Rosie felt would be a great game to reorganise in her special way and of course that was mine and christina's fault!

So we managed to eat dinner and then the cupboards were set back in the prime place of importance and the bags are still not unpacked and repacked and I have no inclination to do so!

The house looks more of a mess than ever before but there is progress I am told! They have made a start on the chimney...they have made a start on the cupboards and things are moving on!

URGH!
Tomorrow and the following days are looming too quickly and I dont want to go there!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I remember all those battles with shoes! I had the same width problem. It's very tedious. I know this is probably far too late, but it might be useful in the future.

Here are Startrite's 1H girls shoes

http://www.startriteshoes.com/childrens-shoes/girls

and store locator

http://www.startriteshoes.com/storelocator

Greenshoes make hand made shoes which are very pretty and light, but they are also expensive.

http://www.greenshoes.co.uk/

Good Luck

Claire

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, have read the blog today and hope that you all really enjoyed your Christmas day!

Here's to the 4th of January 09.

Lisa.