Christ died for me!
Romans 10v 9
If you confess with your lips Christ Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved.
Ok I can tick that one...Jesus is Lord of my life and I certainly believe God raised Him from the dead.
Ephesians 2 v 8-9
8, For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9, not by works, so that no one can boast.
Yes my assurance of salvation is through what Jesus has done not affected by anything I have or havent done. Christs finished work on the Cross washed me from sin and acceptance of God's forgiveness is made complete in my repentance and gratitude for Christ's death.
Romans 6:23 (New International Version)
23, For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
A gift is only ours once we accept it. I have offered a gift to someone who has refused it...that hurts! I offered a gift because I wanted to give it...however they felt they did not deserve it and refused to accept it....actually there are two incidents in my mind that I recall with still a little of the hurt.
Once was a small gift to thank someone for doing something for me....I accepted their help and wanted to give a tangible thanks....the person felt they did not want thanking for their action. Older and wiser now I can see their view a little more clearly but would it have been too difficult for them to acept the small gift with the same grace?
God sent his only begotten son to suffer and die...He did not send His son to friends who would take good care of Him, He did not send Him for those who already loved and wanted to receive Him.
No! God sent the most precious thing He had as a gift to sinners.
Whilst we were yet sinners Christ died for us!
Jesus died for us becuase God Loves us....not because we love God. THe forgiveness He offers us has to be accepted....we are not saved unless by Faith we accept that gift. In acceptance has to come repentance!
We were lost in sin but we are called to turn away from sin...repent and go and sin no more!
There has been hurt and heartache and a need for forgiveness in this corner of Lincolnshire. I have struggled with where I stand on being forgiving!
Hurt, angry, but still with a heart of love. It is a strange place to find oneself
I do know that if the person came to me in need I would do what I could to help. I know I have a love for the family as a whole. I know that I still hurt from the consequences of the action. I know that I would accept an appology offered in sincerety with Grace!
I hold no grudge and bear no malice but is that forgiveness?
Forgiveness is not dependant on repentance but is made complete in acceptance and repentance!
God made provision for our forgiveness but it is not made complete until we repent and accept!
I hope that is where I am!
Today I was accepted into membership of the Church I attend. It was communion and I accepted Communion in grateful thanks of what Christ did for me at Calvary. The bread reminding me of the wholeness of His body given and broken for me.
The wine speaking of His blood poured out for me...remembering the willingness with which He offered Himself up to the agonising death of the Cross because He loved me!
I took the bread and the wine and remembered Christs sacrifice for me with a thankful heart.
Offering up my thanksgiving from a heart forgiven.
Paul tells us in 1 Corinthians chapter 11
27Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 29For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. 31But if we judged ourselves, we would not come under judgment. 32When we are judged by the Lord, we are being disciplined so that we will not be condemned with the world.
I pray that in opening my heart to the Lord and putting my heaert right with Him...I am worthy to sit at the Lords Table!
With much love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment