Friday, 20 February 2009

I just dont like waiting!

Trying hard not to let this be a copy cat of Tia's post! However we too had an urgent appointment. Last week I became concerened about Eve's heart rate. Since becoming ill last June her heart rate has always tended to the fast side! I could accept that as being a sign of being unwell. It seemed to be fastest when she was upright and tired and settled often if she was laid on her left side! OK that made sense too as her breathing was easier on her left side so less strain on her body
OK so fast forward to last Monday night. We sat and watched her heart rate fall to 48 beats a minute then rise to 145 lower then rise then O2 dropped to 91 then both rise both fall. I was just not sure what was a significant issue and whether I should be contacting the ward. So we sat it out.
I managed to speak to our peadiatrician on Wednesday and she thought it was worthy of an urgent cardiac referal Mitochondiral diseases can affect the heart. Eve has a Mytochondrial Myopathy and as the heart is a muscle then I suppose the heart can be affected.
I was quite shocked to get the appointment through for this Thursday! Pleased that we would not be waiting and wondering for too long but slightly alarmed that it was felt THAT urgent.
So having rarranged the appointments we had for Thursday we arrived at the clinic to find we were in the wrong place. We needed to be in diagnostics. There we met some lovely technicians. The tests were done and although we did not see a drop below 70 her heart rate was quite variable from 73 to 121 I hoped that was enough to demonstrate the problem. Why do they rarely demonstrate anything as dramatic as they do when you you are at home alone at 3 in the morning???
So as we dressed her I asked if we were to go to clinic now? NO! the results will be typed up and sent to the cardiologist who will write a report and send it to the Peadiatrician. ARGGGHHHH so we will here once the hospital comminications catches up with itself???
So no further forward!
Meanwhile back at the ranch the work moves on. Our builder has called in on his way home from Scotland to help David with the work he cannot do alone. How kind was that???
So we now have a ceiling in the utility room and hopefully before he leaves tonight we will have ceiling in the lounge and the wall where the chomney was will be made good.
We really are cracking on here now and hopefully will be ready to cal the Council man back to approve the rest of the grant very soon! That will make our bank manager very happy....well maybe a little happier than she is right now!
Yesterday we had a strange happening in our house! People were complaining it was too warm! The children were in tee shirts and a visitor took her coat off!
All the parafin heaters are now safely stored away. and we are having to turn the heating off from its programmed start! YEEEHAAAH!
Prayers much appreciated for the more difficult areas of our life that dont blog too well. Those who know us well will understand our need for prayer as well as our need for discretion. Others can pray for us...God knows!
Hugs
Tina

No comments: