I have not left the house since coming home from Church on Sunday lunch time! Monday dawned whiter than white! Schools were closed and Rosie is not well! Amazingly our carer arrived at 6.45 am! I told her she must be mad driving in that but I was very greatful to see her! The Snow she kept on falling! by 8 am carer was resigned to stopping the morning! In the end she stopped till Tuesday morning...the snow did ease enough for David to gingerly make his way down town...that was a great relief as we needed building supplies or there was going to be little progress!
The kids enjoyed some time in the snow...then some time running with carers dog who had been in the car all morning...she is a car dog and loves it but was ready for a run and some relief!
Rosie just wanted to be cuddled! Eve was hapy sat watching TV or sleeping.
Builder and David got on with the stairs, then some plumbing and more stair work and some plasterboarding...our front room is now begining to look more like a home than a barn!
Tuesday the snow had cleared enough for the children to go to school! Rosie was not well enough and has never had the knack of being a poorly girl! No laying quietly on the settee watching tv all day for her...no she has to have a lap to herself with two arms wrapped round in just the right place...oh and the pillow just so and a blanket over....or was it the other way, shal we move...maybe that chair is more comfortable, or maybe I want to go to bed....but you must sit with me with your hand just there! NO not there a millimetre to the right! oh maybe the settee was better after all! And so on all day! Thankfully she did settle to sleep for a couple of hours in the afternoon giving me chance to eat and drink and go to the loo!
Wednesday The men really cracked on with the wall boarding and plumbing and organising. Thursday was to be the builders last day, we needed to make sure everything we cannot do...OK David cannot do, is sorted before he leaves. Rosie was still as demanding of my attention which caused a problem when the men needed my advice or oppinion but by mid afternoon she did seem a little better! Hopefully she would be well enough for school Thursday!
Then Thursday dawned....plan was to head off to the Builders Merchants after taking kids to school and bringing home the materials for the planned work today! As I was doing morning ablutions in the bathroom the phone rang....why is it the phone always rings when you are as far away as possible from it! By the time I had reached the lounge the landline had given up and the mobile was ringing! It was the carer. She had had to turn back home and could not get out of her village! This was the first time I had noticed the whiteout outside! Snow was at least 4 inches thick and still falling heavily! ARGHHHH No school today we could not get out of our garden if we tried! This also meant we could not get to the builders merchants and the screw fix parcel would not make it through either! We were listening out for school closures on the radio...At the sound of her schools name on the list Christina burst into tears....a girl after her Mums heart she loves school and was really heart broken they were closed! A few seconds later Joshua's school was mentioned to a resounding Cheer! Mum this is the best week ever! Lol and guess who he takes after then?
Of course Rosie woke full of the joys of spring...would have been fine to go to school Eve however is not wellat all and has slept all day looking like fine porcelaine and heart rate racing! At what point should I be concerened? I dont know what I am dealing with so have no idea how to react! For now we are watching and waiting! Sats at least are acceptable!
Builder managed to board out the lift area ready for the lift coming on Monday! OH I do hope it all goes as planned for the lift! David has managed to get another two radiators on....hopefully it is all as easy as it seems and nothing will go wrong! The floor area behind the new stair case is now laid, and ready for the stud walls to go up! And now the builders has left! He has promised to call in on his way back home in a week or so...he is off to visit his Mum on a distant Scottish Island....not so sure I would want to be traveling out there at this precise moment in time but I hope he makes it safely!
So now we have our house back...it isnt finished! BUT hopefully with God's Grace we will manage to finish the rest ourselves! Builder is going to call in and help David with the lifting of plaster board...and then we are on the home straight! There are ceilings to finish, the floor to be sorted in Jonathan's room and a few more radiators to put on! then it is mostly decorating!
It has been a long and stressful few months....we have a court case looming over us and major health issues to come to terms with. However, we are making progress and there have been some times of such blessing in this last few months. We have come to realise how accepted our family is within our new Church home...and we have made some good friendships. The children are mostly happy and settled in their schools and have some good friends too.
OK so all the problems that were overwhelming me last week are still there...but I am coping better! God is Good and is there to carry me through all of this!
Your prayers are appreciated! Many thanks to those of you who remind me so regularly of God's goodness and Mercy.
Hugs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Hi! I have mitochondrial disease too, and I find that the cold gets to me. With that in mind, if Eve isn't feeling very well check to make sure she is warm enough. Also, fluids help a ton. I hope she feels better soon!
In my prayers as always, hugs to rosie and snow snow go away xxx
Tina it sounds as though finally there might be a way through all this, a day when the building work is finished! I wouldn't be surprised if you actually manage to sign off before we do!
Sorry E is poorly now but glad R is better. I hope the rest of you stay well, the children enjoy the snow, and that the lift arrives on Monday.
All my love,
Tia
glad Rosie is better Tina but ugh on Eve..i can associate with the not knowing what is right/do/when to be really concerned etc...its hard! hope she gets better soon
good to hear progress on the building work....
take care xx
My goodness! That snow is really causing some trouble isn't it!
I hope Eve feels better. Very funny commentary on how Rosie needs everything just so when she is ill. :)
many many hugs Lori. xx
Post a Comment