Really not sure what has hit us but it hit us hard! Rosie started last Monday, off her food and rather clingy! Woke up in the early hours obviously very unwell but apart form a bit of a cold nothing to pinpoint! Hot, miserable, shaky verging on Fitty and just so not well...it has lasted all week and although far better than she was a few days ago she is far from back to normal!
Eve started Thursday looking like fine Dresden China almost translescent hot miserable and sleepy. She slept more than 23 hours Thursday and Friday and not les than 18 on Saturday. She has not been quite so sleepy today and deffinitely not hot anymore but so miserable which is really so unlike her! She did settle for a long while in her wheelchair watching Tv with Jonathan and dozing on and off. But as soon as she woke she is sobbing and I just dont know what is wrong.
Last Sunday I woke with excrutiating pain in my right sholder. I have a lot of pain in all my joints a lot of the time but this was different it ws totally incapacitating, It kept me awake all Sunday night and only eased a little by Tuesday midday and has been nagging away ever since until Friday it took hold again with a vengeance and again I was pacing the floor Friday night and unable to use my arm much on Saturday and then was awake a lot of last night. It has eased with maximum pain relief and anti-inflamatory drugs but it is still very much there. I have also woken today feeling yuk...not anything specific...I am exhausted and it could just be that for me but knowing how the others have been I am not sure if it is "something". David also woke this morning with a horrible throat and heavy cold building! We are a house of lurgy indeed!
Meanwhile we are desperately now trying to finish off the works! The stairs are up and functioning...not finished as there is a lot of fiddly messing about to get the handrails and trims finished but the stairs are working! The old stairs out makes the room much better,,,,,although it is amess! totally filthy dust everywhere and loads of piles of belongings lying around with nowhere to go! And the floor is AWFUL! But there is progress! Honestly there is!
Jonathan's room has had to go on hold this weekend due to Screwfix not making it through the snow! So, David and Joshua have been working on the partition walls for our bathroom! It did make sense to make a start on this as before hand there was a sheer drop beside my side of the bed to the lounge! Also there was a short narrow passage way between the top of the new stairs to where the old stairs had been and again there was a sheer drop to the lounge floor! Now it is safe! I would post photos but David and Joshua have packed their cameras away against the dust and mine has a flat battery and a charger which unfortunately the rabbits seem to have thought was a favourite snack! I have asked for David to practice his Blue Peter Skills with sticky backed plastic....or maybe insulation tape and see if he can persuade the electricity flow to resume! Hopefully normal service will be resumed soon!
Tomorrow the lift! Oh please pray it all goes ahead without a hitch! I so so so want to have the lift in and working! You cannot begin to imagine how much difference it will make to be able to go up and down in the lift an dbe able to get Rosie and Eve upstairs to their bathroom without the risk of the stairs! I am so excited to get this done....the forecast is not brilliant, I just hope they can get here!
I also hope and pray Rosie is well enough to get to and stay at school! She has really been so demanding of my fullest attention all week and it is very wearing no matter how much we love her to the end of the earth it is just too much to try and ensure her comfort wellbeing and safety all on my own....Haviong said that today she has been quite funny. She has been far less unhappy which always ,makes a more pleasant day, but she is also obviously still weary. She woke and ate breakfast then wanted to sit and snuggle! All fine so far! Then she wanted to play and only wanted me and all of me with her. Everything and everyone else had to be off the sofa. Several times when I had escaped to do somethingbriefly away from her she had tried to push Eve off. She was insistant on me sitting with her until suddenly she decided it was all too much and she put herself off to bed. It gave me the chance to try and sort some "Stuff"! Eve had gone to her bed to watch TV but was really moaning and grizzling and sobbing in rapid succession. Only able to satisfy her for very short spells I eventually took her wheelchair into her room and she sat less unhappily there watching TV with Jonathan and drifted in and out of sleep for the best part of the day.
Rosie woke for some lunch and had a selection of snacks in her dish...still wanting to be in physical contact with me it was a challenge to have a conversation with Tia...nice and worth the effort but challenging! Eventually I managed to get lunch for everyone else and Rosie once more put herself to bed! thenI decided as it was gone 1pm I really ought to get Dressed. At which point David informed me he had had to remove a wooden framing from the wall and had forgotten to cover the bed first...hmmm MORE WASHING.
Oh well we have made it to 7.30 having woken a few more times for snack fluid and dinner...Rosie has again requested bed...hopefully she may stay there beyond 2 am tonight and then be raring for school tomorrow....hope the weather forecaster is wrong in his suspicion of up to 3" of snow tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment