Monday, 16 March 2009

And when the Sun shines it's Electric!

The sun has shone all weekend. Joshua and Christina have enjoyed taking every opportunity to play outside...the cricket set and the tennis rackets are all strewn acros the lawn...I am so glad to see some sunshine I dont have the ehart to be cross they havent put them away!

david bought me a present today....a Washing line! We have washing hanging in the sunshine! Good to save the tumble dryer electric bills are a sore point in this house!

When we moved into this house the electric company forgot to send us a bill. Life was so complex then....not that his has got any simpler but it was seriously complex and jonathan and Rosie both had Hospital stays that made us fear for their lives...not recieveing a bill did not really spring to mind....that is until they realised their mistake and sent us one...£1200!

We have had many discussions and arguments and conversations and have remained calmly insistant that we will not be put into financial difficulties because of their incompetence.

Today whilst doing battle with peg and washing and line....have you ever tried to hang washing on a line with one hand that doesnt work too well anyway???? I did it! The phone rang....the electric company...we will have to increase your direct debit to £600 a month!
I laughed....they would be lucky....it would just be returned unpaid each month! LOL

So we went through the whole history...lots of explanation of how and why and wherefore...but no I was not willing to increase my payment beyond what we could afford and that would pay the electric we were actually using plus a little off the backlog!

Eventually he asked to talk to a colleague and would ring me back.

He did! Told me they had agreed to clear off £1000 of the original bill!

he appologised proffusely so many times and told me he could not believe no one had dealt with this properly before!

I am relieved! Satisfied! Amazed.

Thanks electric company and thanks man who actually listened and did something!

The sun is still shining! Aint life Grand?

4 comments:

Tia said...

Certainly is!

Patience and persistence brings its own reward.

Tia

Sara x said...

I so glad you stood up to them and that they showed some sense and kindness.

Rachelle said...

Glad the electric bill problem worked out in your favor. Enjoy the sunshine!

heidi @ ggip said...

That is great that the bill got cleared up!