A week ago I wrote a post about rejoicing. Today I am struggling to rejoice and am reminded of Paul's words to the Phillipians.
Philipians chapter 4 I recomend you read it in it's entirety here
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=57&chapter=4&version=31
Howver his words that kepp coming to me today are found in verses 10-13
10I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
I am still on that steep learning curve...I am not content in the set of circumstances I find myself. I am totally miserable. I am clinging to the promises I know to be so true. I have not got any crisis of Faith....I am still certain sure of God's Almighty Omnipotence, Of His perfect plan, of His desire for only good gifts....however I am totally impatient in waiting for the good bits.
Is that totally ireverent?
In the earlier verses of this chapter Paul talks of bringing petetions with thanksgiving and being anxious in nothing. It is the being anxious bit I suppose I am struggling with.
We seem to be collecting trials and troubles and causes for concern.
Eve's woresening condition, Rosie's uncertain future, my continued ability to care being in question, The ongoing issues with the build, My broken wrist, David's total weariness and niggling health issues, Joshua's worsening vision, Jonathan's future and uncertainty over college placement, We have had a continuing care assessment for Eve and Rosie today. The set rules and guidelines are somewhat riddiculous. Both girls qualify for care through this funding. We do not havew the option of direct payments to employ our own carers as we do now. The Agency Carers will only be able to care for the child they are employed for. This could mean we get two nights a week care but each night only being for one child. So we will still need to be up for the other...totally making a nonsense of the point of the care.
Today we recieved the secondary school place letter....having hoped to get the school we want for Christina by default as the local school is always oversubscribed...Oh no having been at lelast 3 weeks beyond the deadline date when the form was sent in she has been offered a place at the local school...the school we wanted that has not been fully subscribed for several years is full! We now have to go through appeal in the hope of getting her in the school we want. In order for her to get to the school she has been offered a place at she will need to walk over 2 miles to the bus stop to catch the bus at 7.45. She willthen get off the bus at 4.10 and haave to walk 2 miles home...not really acceptable in my oppinion but I am not sure there is much option...well it might be possible to pick her up from the bus stop in the evening but the morning is not possible to get her there!
Prayer for an smooth transition through appeals would be good. Also prayer for me to drag myself out of my self pitying misery too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Really sorry to hear things are so difficult. Will continue to pray, especially about the school being sorted for Christina.
May you continue to find strength in the Lord.
Post a Comment