Monday, 2 March 2009

Where is My Camera Lead?

Oh I do wish I could find it...Jonathan came home on Friday afternoon to discover his bed had moved into his new room. he spent the evening delighting in moving his belongings into his new wardrobes and drawers. He was keen to have his TV and Video and the Videos and the books and and and...
One Happy little...(maybe not so little but still my little...) boy went to bed in his new bigger bedroom!

Rosie came home on Friday not so jolly. Well she was quite jolly when she arrived home and she ate a reasonable tea...reading her book I noticed she had had a Hard BO. She has been really quite fitty twitchy and not right all week and as she also has an horrendous cough and the ability to sneeze to her knees on a very regular basis I had blamed the lowered seizure threshold on that. Now I began to wonder...I couldnt actually remember what her bowels had been like....far too many other things going on and I have lost track of Rosie's bowels...not good enough I know.
Anyway a little later I was in the unfortunate position of changing a very frustrated Rosie! She managed to get one leg wrapped round my arm and then kicked out with the other leg...I remember thinking Golly that hurt! or words to that effect. mnaged to summons some help and get her sorted to bed.
Over the next few hours my arm was increasingly sore and actually woke me up on Saturday morniing. Knowing my Lupus if prone to drastic flares I just increased the frequency of my pain relief to maximum and hoped it would settle. By Sunday Evening I was really in severe pain unable to use my hand successfully at all. Monday Morning I headed to the Casualty department where I learnt I had broken my wrist! GREAT! Now sporting a bright pink cast!

Friday Morning I had decided Christina needed to be seen at the doctors. She has been unwell for a fortnight and not improving at all and was now crying with an ear ache. So off we went and the GP says she looks aneamic and her glands are rather on the large side. He sent her to have blood tests done as he suspects Glandular fever!

Over the weekend despite the pain and suffering the house got some tender loving care. Joshua cleared Eve's bed in persuit of a gameboy game...this developped into some major clearing sorting and moving of furniture in an effort to give the girls a nice tidy useable room again. He worked hard and came up with some good ideas the room is taking shape!

Joshua has not found his game and so descended on his own room and has made quite an impression in there too...meanwhile Christina has helped to do the washing and watched Rosie in the bath a couple of times...they are both such good kids. Dont get me wrong there are times I could bang there heads together...but on the wqhole for 10 and 12 year olds they are great and I have met far worse!

So we are beginning to see our home wiyhin the house...still lots of finishing to do but it is deffinitely looking promising.

Could really do with no more medical downturns though!

3 comments:

Tia said...

always good to be able to see your home starting to shine through again, and one boy back in his own bedroom is a huge part of that!

Hope the cable turns up soon, the photos will be great.

Tia

heidi @ ggip said...

I'm so sorry about your wrist. On the other hand, it does sound like your house is coming back together!

Sara x said...

Ok, young lady i have harsh words for you. Why did it take you so long to get to the hospital, you must look after yourself better. A broken wrist ouch.

Im so glad the house is coming togther, hope Christina feels better soon. At yes they are lovely kids xxx