Sunday, 20 December 2009

Be Still

Ice and snow and cold and windy! I am not keen on winter! Mind you most people are slipping and sliding and falling outside on the icy paths and roads...not me I manage to slip over indoors on the melted snow that everyone has brought in on their shoes. I did go down with quite a bump and hurt my wrist as I fell,,,,my wrists are really sore anyway, the Lupus that affects my joints quite badly is really having a field day in my wrists and feet recently so I didnt think much of it. Managed to get up and continue my telephone conversation with the lady from The Dream Team Charity and then went out shopping. Felt a bit sore walking round Tesco...but then my feet are not good anyway and I dont think I could have hurt them in my fall so apart from being glad to sit down when I got home I didnt think much of it.
I was aching all evening, had to stop up beyond 11 as we had managed to forget to restart Eve's feed when bringing her downstairs so it was a bit behind.
Inthe meantime I had some lovely conversations with lovely people on MSN...one of those conversations turned to scripture and how amazing God's organization is. He planned all our days before one of them came into being it tells us in Psalm 139. In planning our lives He plans othes to coincide with ours at just the right moment...how amazing is that...GOd planned for people to be available to support B when she needed it with just the right support to make her feel at home miles from home!
B ten mentioned that she had difficulty with another Psalm that tells us to Be still and Wait for God!

My Mum had the verse Be Still and know that I am God forcibly thrust upon her back in the early 1970's having suffered with back problems for many years it ws discovered she had TB in her spine Stillness was fored upon her by being made to lie in a plaster mould of her entire body for 16 weeks. in hospital God spoke to her Be Still and know that I am God.
I am sure Mum had lots of tear and frustrations as she came to terms with her stillness. However her little room on Windmill Ward Princess Margaret Hospital was a room known for it's calmness, it holiness and it's love. Many people learnt of God's love, grace and mercy because of Mum's submission to God's call to Be Still.

This morning I was woken by Eve's alarms just before 4 am...I really struggled to move, getting and remaining upright was painful. I hobbled to Eve's room and sorte her out.....HR 185 and SATS of 90 URGH! Thankfully I was able to turn her and rearrange the oxygen canula and turn uo the concentrator a little. She sttled again just within acceptable limits. I returned to bed and hoped to sleep. I was in quite a lot of pain but my painkillers were downstairs, I knew if I got ownstairs I wouldnt get back up so laid there hoping the pain and stiffness would pass, Being awake at that time of the morning gives you chance to get your prayerlife in order before the rest of the house wakes.
Rosie awoke at 7 and I managed to get down to her just as Eve started to beep again...I let Rosie out and ventured up To Eve...hoping the need to move would enable me to losen up and ease the pain....it idnt work...neithr did taking 1maximum pain relief and by 8,30 I knew I was not going to get to Church
I sent a text to Nic and hope that through the day I would manage to free up and make it to Carols by Candle light tonight.

Imagine my amazement then when David came downstairs dressed in suit and tie! So without me having to ask him he has taken Joshua and Christina to Church...I am hopinh they arrived safely as they rang to say they were stuck in traffic at 10.20. Hoping they get there and back safely and praying that David's heart is touched in the service. Praying so hard that David finds his way back to his Christian walk.
So God has planned our days, enforced me to be Still so that David went to Church. God's plans are perfect, He can use al things to His glory.
Tomorrow we have to journey to Nottingham for Appointments for Rosie and Eve, Praying for God's mercy on our traveling. We are picking our friends up from Grantham Station on the way home and hope they too have traveling mercies.
Menwhile the kittens are getting more lively, enjoy jumping and bouncing everywhere, and love to climb the christmas tree and sit observing us from it's branches!
Best go see what mischef Rosie has found!

1 comment:

Mum and Dad. said...

Dear Tina,
Sorry to hear of your predicament. We can appreciate your feelings, and understand where you are coming from. We trust that your pain and discomfort is subsiding. We have a God who hears and answers prayer. Mum has fond memories of her time in PMH and still recalls some of the times when God answered in power.
Last wednesday the prayer meeting was for prodigals, and many names where brought before the Lord, and it is good to have encouragement as answers to prayer begin to be seen. Love to you all, Mum and Dad.