Is always interesting at the very least! Today, woken by the sounds of suctioning and alarming SATs monitor at 2.15 and from then until 3.30am myself and carer were working flat out trying to respolve the problem with Eve's airway, breathing and heart rate. we eventually settled for 4 litres of oxygen via face mask and positioning with pillows and blankets etc to keep her in a good position.
I managed to get back to bed about 3.40 and spent the next little while in prayer for S and her mum. Wanting to know what was happening but not wanting to risk disturbing them with a text. So praying for God's presence to be known to them.
I must have dropped off to sleep because I woke with a start at 6.20am when the alarm went off. Rosie was up and creating havoc so morning was deffinitely here. The general manic activity started and before long everyone but Eve was on their way to school and college! A chance to catch up with C and learn of her frustrating conversations with Doctors who never agree with the last one to speak. Changes of plan and cancelation of plan and indecision. After a few texts I decided to ring and really talk things through and be a listening ear. It was good to hear her voice and speak directly.
David arrived home with plans for the Kitchen and lounge, I had to leave for a meeting with Christina's teacher, An Appointment at the hospital for Joshua was cancelled yet again and rescheduled for February. Rather frustrating as it was made as an urgent need for Sept 8th and has been cancelled and rescheduled three times already.
The meeting with Christina's teacher was fantastic. This is a lady who has really understood Christina;s circumstances and difficulties and her underlying timid nature. Already she has taken up Christina's cause with another teacher who was not prepared to take the circumstances of Christina;s homelife into consideration. Christina had gone out without her PE kit one morning and the PE teacher was dishing out a detention for the ommision. Christina was really upset about it as it really wasnt a deliberate or a careless matter just so much going on in her life she had forgotten it was week one not two! Apparantly the Form Tutor had marched Christina over and spoken to the PE teacher, telling her that Christina has a lot ot think about in a morning and her forgetting the PE kit was really not the end of the world and a detention was really not appropriate. Christina was always polite always did her best put in her best effort etc so to dish out a detention for a missing KIT was rather not on!
I think I am going to get along well with this teacher! She is also Joshua's Maths teacher and obviously likes him too! lol!
Anyway, Christina is apparantly settling in to secondary school life really well. She has exceeded her end of year targets already in all subjects apart from Music, and Food Tech. Every teacher has commented on her consistant effort, always completeing tasks, always handing homework in and always being polite and reliable.
Christina told the tutor she was upset about her Geography teacher who had said to see him at break or Lunch if they had any problems with the homework, and she has been to his room every break and lunch time since and he has never been there. She needs her text book to do the homework and she cannot get it!
She also had a concern about History which she brought up herself. I was really proud of her speaking up about the things that bothered her. I am also proud of her that every teacher has made such wonderful comments about her. Well done Christina!
My Phone rang three times during the meeting, I had to appoogise each time and had already explained that Eve was not well hence I had to keep the phone on....of course non of the calls were really important at all!
So back home, stopping to read a text from C and to pray again. Drs indecision causing her far more worry than she needs.
At home David had started the architrave around the doors and windows but was wanting to concentrate on the Kitchen so had also cleared the way to be ready to move the sink. He needed me to help with that so as soon as I had got through the door we were checking the measurements and removing the sink form its original siting! Now this is where I discovered that having a friend with such serious worries and concerns can really make your own troubles pale into insignificance.
Whilst struggling with minor discrepencies of measurement, and repeating the moving and cutting and trying to replace the sink and work top in one piece from the kitchen to the annexe I was texting and reading messages to and from C, praying for them and the staff and the situation, texting again. As the water cascaded around my feet from the pipe that had been cut wihtout first ensureing the water was off, I was so busy in thought and prayer for C and S that I was totally oblivious to the stress I should have felt!
Just as it was almost time for David to go and fetch the children from school it appeared that all was inplace to turn the water back on and try the newly positioned sink! I had gone to Jonathan's bathroom and thought I could hear David washing his hands in the sink....as I came back through I realised the water was not running in the sink but pouring down behind the medicine cabinet! AGHHHHHH. Pulling the cupboard out I realised that the pipework had never been connected to the cold water pipe! The hot water had been mixed in the mixer tap and was flowing back up the cold pipe and out of the open end! NOthing to for it but turn off water supply again and go get the children! Although the Rabbits also had appointments at the vet at 5 pm so it looked as though we would have no water till after that. Thank goodness for baby wipes and bottled water!
Still it gave me time for more prayer and catch up time for S and a chance for a quick chat with another friend I havent had time to speak with much recently. At this point I had a text from C saying the docs were wanting to wait for S to have more problems before they would act again, They were not taking the significant concerns C had seriously enough. SO far away and so helpless All I had to offer were my love and prayers...I hope they were enough.
Thankfully I was able to make an adhoc soup for Rosie with the left over roast from yesterday. No water needed! David came home with the kids and had half an hour to fix the water situation before heading off with the rabbits....phew he did it!!! no leaks water back on and we were ready to roll!
The absence of the Rabbits led me to cleaning out their cages, usually a job for Christina but I knew she was tired and would not really want to do it when they got back...I compromised and did the top two leaving her the bottom to wipe out. As I finished that I suddenly remembered that I needed to order Eve some more oxygen and just made the call in time.
David and the kids were back and wanting food but where was I to prepare it....no worktop left uncovered in the kitchen....a pice of wood was brought in to balance across two surfaces and I managed to cook fish and chips and mushy peas....thankfully all were satisfied!
And now as I sit to catch up on the day I realise I was supposed to come in and ring School Transport Services. The driver and escort on the girls bus have not been paid in weeks, they have continued to work based on not wanting to let our girls down....however neither have mastered the art of living on fresh air and are now leaving tomorrow we dont have a trained escort by Monday if we dont have a driver we are stumped! I forgot to ring! By the time we get Rosie in and food provided and then the issue with the water I clean forgot! Until now! OOOPS no idea now whether the girls will be at school tomorrow or not!
Oh well...I have just had a text from C to tell me there is a plan of action for tomorrow....lets all pray it is enough and leads to the right treatement and isnt discarded by the next surgeon to come along!
Think I hear my bed calling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tina, just catching up with you after some time away...so much going on at your house! Whew!!!
Isn't the Lord so good to us on those days when our thoughts and prayers need to be directed toward someone else? He gives us grace to handle our life for just a few hours, while we intercede for others. So incredible how that works!
Praying with you for C and S.
Alesha
Post a Comment