Thursday, 10 December 2009

Christmas Kittens

For several years Christina has found it hard to know what she wants for Christmas. Usually saying, "Mummy I dont need anything I have got everything I need." The only thing that ever appears on her Christmas list is a Kitten. This year we have succumbed. Having seen a litter of kittens in a farm shop we decided to go and visit the Cat Protection League. We said nothing to Christina but after Church on Sunday we went for a mystery drive ending up at Downham Market's Cat Protection Cattery. There were a lot of cat;s to see, many were very appealing but Christina wanted a kitten. Bouncing with excitement not realy quite sure if we meant she could really have one. Christina spotted the group she liked very quickly. The lady showing us round scanned them to tell us which two were still available. A little boy and a little girl. Christina was torn as to which she wanted but was persuaded to have the little girl as she was smaller. She had a sweet little face too with gingery bits around her ears. The paper work was filled in and an apppointment made to come and see us at home.
Today unbeknown to Christina David and I went over to the Cattery to collect not one but two little kittens. How could we leave the little boy alone when all his brothers and sisters had found homes. We arrived back home with the pair at 2.40pm by 2.50pm we had lost the little girl! Spent ages searching the lounge out, tried the other rooms and couldnt find her anywhere. We put the little boy into Jonathan's wet room for safety and David had to set off to fetch Joshua and Christina from school. Debbie and I spent the next 20 minutes searching for her...thankfully we did eventually find her tucked under the farthest corner of the settee. Retrieved and put with her brother in Jonathan's room to await her knew Mummy coming home.
By the time they were home and changed David and I went to see where the kittens were only to find the little girl missing again! A frantic search of the wet room eventually led to us discovering her inside the base of the toilet! What a pain trying to retrieve her from there....the gap is now firmly filled with Inco Sheets!
So eventually we brought Christina in to meet her little girl! Elation! Then I asked her to come and carefully move the blanket from the travel cage in case it was poohed on....of course as she gingerly pulled it out she spotted the brother!
So meet
Twinkle and Star!



Tinkle sat up at the back, Star laid down. Twinkle has a pretty Ginger nose.
Twinkle is a little more friendly but is the one who hides out of sight. She had a cuddle though.
Star likes to hide, here he is under Christina's Dressing Gown.

6 comments:

You mean there's more??? said...

The trouble with kittens is: they become cats.....

Seren is asleep in the middle of the clean washing.

Deimund is behind the log stove, the very very very hot log stove.

Da Man offered to fight me for my tea, not bad for a cat of disability. Current location; not known.


Most of the rest are in my storage area which they broke into some time ago. I would go and evict them but Vlad and Attila are in there, no they are not called that because they are so friendly.

Just like Hissing Sid and Spit the kitten.


R

Anonymous said...

your life will never be quiet again - Pepper likes to sit on my keyboard when I am playing scrabble and Vera likes to sleep in the cupboard with the bibs!! When they are not alternately bashing each other round the face or curled up like a ying and yang symbol (they are one black one white!) Enjoy!!

Alesha said...

what a sweet Christmas surprise! I hope she has a wonderful time with them. :o)

Alesha

Tia said...

Because life just wasn't interesting enough already...

Enjoy them!

Rachelle said...

Very cute! Good luck with the kittens!

Caroline said...

They are adorable - sounds like Twinkle will keep you on you toes ! I bet Christina is over the moon.