Tuesday, 9 February 2010

2 and a half weeks on!

I am getting worried about David's leg. Two and a half weeks after he fell it is still swollen and painful. Surely it should be going down by now?

That is half way up his shin, not his Knee!
What can cause things to take so long to heal, and is there a risk of pulmonary embolism from such a bleed?


He has rested fairly well, OK he gets up and has a wander around the house, and tonight he has again taken Joshua and Christina to the Archery Club, but he is driving my adapted bus, automatic, lightened steering and electronic parking brake so no pressure on his leg other than to and from the vehicle and our house/ archery club. He is able to sit with it up whilst he waits for them then drive back.


Today he was not ready to wake up even when I left the house with the kids at 8.15, Did manage to stir himself to ensure Jonathan was ready for his taxi at 9 o'clock, then went back to bed at 9.30 and slept soundly till 2.30. Surely this is not a reaction to a knock on the leg? Is there something else going on.


OR am I just so used to haveing new medical problems thrown at me that I am just waiting for it to be more than a bruise?

Oh to have the answers!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Did the skin break? My Dad banged his shin when I was little on a rusty beam and got a nasty infection that required hospitalization. I think that is very rare, but if his leg gets worse he should probably have it checked out. Best wishes for his recovery!

Anonymous said...

When is D due to go back to hospital?

Lots of love to u all.

Lisa xxx

natasha said...

send him back to GP. now!

you dont need any more complications....

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, ask the Dr about Erythema nodosum , I had it a few years ago, my shin looked exactly the same , it swelled so much i thought it would burst and it was very painful. It lasted for a few weeks !!!!. Just a thought. Take care Julie (Devons Mum)