Saturday, 6 February 2010

The Cat That Thinks it's a Dog!

Meet Star! 17 week old Tortoishell Kitten
Star thinks he rules the Roost! This is His blanket and it belongs here!Star thinks he is a dog! He likes to play Fetch. For a good twenty minutes this morning he was running after a Sweet thrown by Joshua, retrieving it and bringing it back to him to throw again. Of course once I got the camera out he refused to demonstrate his retrieving skills but chose to chase a teddy around instead! Then attack my boots!


This morning I had lost my Keys....if you are a regular blog reader or a close friend you will realise it is a bit of a habit in this house....there must be a black hole lurking in our home somewhere into which any unattended keys not in their rightful place will inevitably fall.

We spent a fair while searching, I even got out the Broom then the Mop and Bucket and cleaned under all the chairs in a search for them. During this exercise I had to keep moving Star from the glass cabinet. He kept jumoing back and staring into the cupboard. Eventually Christina went to investigate what he was attracted by. There in the cupboard were my keys. Christina retrieved the keys and Star has not returned to the cupboard since. I swear he knew what we were looking for and found them for us!

I was never very keen to get a cat, I am not a cat person, I prefer Dogs. But Twinkle and Star are working their way into my heart as well as the rest of the family. They certainly make me giggle daily!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least Star is earning his keep in finding keys!! Pepper thinks he is a dog too - came for a walk with me and the dog yesterday and Jol is sure he has heard him growl!!

bethan said...

awww! he's gorgeous and daily giggles are always a good idea! :)