Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Wordless Wednesday It isnt!

Today David had to go back to the hospital for them to drain his leg. He has been quite impatient for this to happen as he hoped that would cause the leg to heal and allow him to get back on with his life!
So we arrived at the hospital just after 9.15 and within a few minutes he was called in. The Dr looked at the leg and said he would numb it and then cut it and squeeze the blood out. This he proceeded to do.

Now I am sure you are glad I did not take photos! I was tempted but as I didnt really know the Dr and I wasnt sure if they would think I was weird, I didnt!

I will try to paint you a pen picture and you can close your eyes whilst you read this bit if you like!

he stuck a needle in the leg and David shouted! He then prepared his equipment whilst David looked on looking a little anxious. Then he washed his hands and donned gloves...David went a bit pale!

He tested around the area and it was numbed so he used his scaple to slice an inch gash in the top of the lump. To start with the blood gushed then oozed then slithered like blackcurrent jelly.
Then the doctor started to massage around the outside of the lump towards the gash and i dont think David will be eating blackcurrant jelly for a while!!! I am not quite sure how it was all contained within the confines of the lump, large as it was!

The Doctor then proceeded to wash it out with saline, wiped around the gash and then packed the hole with a gauze soaked in saline before wrapping it in bandage and sending us on our way!

All was fine forn an hour or so....then the local aneasthetic wore off and David has been in considerable pain! I have plied him with Paracetemol and Codein and hot drinks and lunch and more hot drinks and more paracetemol and Codeine. He has managed to hobble painfully to Jonathan's toilet and back again.

I think he thought he was going to be back to normal once it was drained! He is now saying maybe he should have left it to go away on it's own....thinking back to the mass of balckcurrant Jelly we left behind I think it may have been some considerable time if at all!

I sincerely hope this now heals without any complications he has to have it redressed daily...whilst it needs packing I am not prepared to do it myself so we have to treck back to A and E tomorrow then the practice nurse will do it on Friday and we will see how it is by then!

Meanwehile we have had the report back from the Courts Expert Witness...It confirms all our concerns and raises more we had not even considered. Not sure where this will go now, far from feeling victorious I feel incredibly sad, let down and not sure what to do next!

Bizarely the Solicitor for the other side has asked today for impartial evidence that the photos were taken on the dates we say they were!
You only need to hover the mouse over the photo and it states time and date it was taken and the changes that have been made to it since taking! Non of the photos have been changed at all other than having captions removed and numbers to replace it....but if you hover your mouse it tells you the old name and the folder it came from.
But the photos are of the build in progress from demolition of the existing building through to the point of time he left! Some of the photos contain him. I am not sure what they want proof of date for???

I do hope this now moves quick;y to resolution as it is a worry I could just do without.

back at home Rosie has been really difficult woth bizarre behaviour flits...I suspect epileptic in nature as she is seveerely constipated and we are struggling to resolve this.
Eve is also being a bit odd and we think she has been fitting this afternoon. lots of right sided twitching and mouth frothing and rolling eyes lack of responses. I dont know what to do about her. right now taking her to the ward is not an option. David cannot cope at home without me. We know the neurologist is aware of these episodes and has made a plan with the pead,,,,maybe tomorrow I will seek advice when we go back to A&E with David.

Today Joshua went off with Action for Young Carers and took part in a Talent Competition at Skegness. He seemed happy enough when he got home but hasnt really said much about it. I hope he did enjoy himself


OK I told you it wasnt wordless....probably a bit lacking in organistation and interest too...I write this for my benefit not anyone elses really. So Sorry for the waffle!

There are plans afoot for Rosie's 18th Birthday Party...if you know us and would like to come to Rosie's 18th please get in touch...we want as many people who care about Rosie there as possible.

Tina!

1 comment:

Sara x said...

I hope David's leg eases up soon. You know you and your family are in my prayers always. Love to you all. xxxx