The weekend started with a disturbed night for Eve. Lots of suction heart rate too high for comfort, Rosie was not keen to sleep either but thankfully was fairly happy playing in her bed.
Saturday morning once everyone was up and dressed I tried to persuade David to go and get his leg checked. He fell last Sunday and his lower left leg has been swollen and sore ever since, getting worse rather than better. Being a typical man her wouldnt go. But instead went to Boston to buy essentials and cat food and then managed to get blocken in in the car park so walked to town and around town with Joshua. When he arrived home eventually his leg was badly swollen and he was struggling to walk.
Eve continued to need exessive suction to keep her SATs up and was very weary, Rosie ws being really calm and nice and even cuddly and helpful at times. Taking my boots off and bringing me my slipper! So sweet!
Bed time could not come fast enough on Saturday night and I struggled to keep my eyes open to watch Casualty. Thankfully Eve had a better night with only an occasionally beep from her alarms. Rosie too slept better and I managed at least 5 hours sleep. We woke Sunday morning ready for the off.
I persuaded David to go to the hospital to get his leg looked at whilst we were at Church. He knew I would have plenty of help there and would not be stressed caring for everyone alone.
Christina kindly volunteered to give Rosie her feed and allow me to sit with Eve as the service started, this proved a good moce as Eve needed a fair bit of suction and Rosie was very well behaved for Christina, once they all left the Sanctuary to go to their classes I relaxed to listen to the Sermon. I have bought this fantastic Application for my phone so I have the Bible at my finger tips in a font and colour I can easily read, backlit so I can see it clearly even in the dim lights in Church, I was intently listening when I was aware of the main door to the back openeing and Iris peering anxiously at me. I went out to find Eve with a heart rate of 185 and Jonathan looking really anxious. I asked Jonathan if he wanted to go back and sit with Mike in Church, he was gone on a flash. I then suctioned Eve and tried to settle her but her heart was racing and she was looking very not right! I took her back to Church with me and began to untangle her from her tubes and attatchments to pick her up. eventually I managed to get hr on my lap and cuddle her to me, but the SATs began to drop and I ws struggling to cope with suction and oxygen whilst holding her. then she stopped breathing! I tipped her on her side across my lap and tapped her back, she was entangled in her oxygen which was coming from the wrong side of her chair and I couldnt turn the chair it was stuck on somthing, suddenly there were 4 or 5 people jumping to my aid, I honestly dont know who they were butt hey picked up dropped machines, untangled tangled tubes and stood back to see if all was well and then melted away, Eve was breathing but twitching and rhythmic abnormal movements make me wonder if she was again having a different seizure type. after what seemed like hours she settled back into a better pattern and relaxed into me, I sat her on my lap cuddled against me and cried silent tears as we sang the last hymn. After the service people came and hugged me silently and assured me of prayer, others came and askedd if she was OK, others asked was I OK yet others just asked the minister to let them know how Eve was. We are truly loved in this Church.
On arrival home David informed us that he did indeed go to Casualty and the Doctor had taken a look at his leg and told him he has burst a major blood vessel which is bleeding into the tissues. He has to rest it elevated for two weeks!
By 6pm David declared he was bored! He wondered if he could paint Rosie's room sat down!
Could someone tell me how I keep a restless man, who rarely sits down long enough to eat his dinner, sat with leg elevated for two weeks????
He has an appointment in two weeks to see the surgeon who will attempt to drain the accumulated blood...he was warned that stopping the bleeding is often troublesome!
Just what we need a diversion to our health worries!
I do not know what the future holds but I SO glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I had a thought on the leg rest thing - how about putting a platform onto one of your wheelchairs so he could sit in that and wheel himself about. He could certainly paint the lower half of Rosie's bedroom like that! And maybe he could sort through the photos on your hard drive, do some other jobs you've been waiting to get done? I'll refrain from suggesting the ironing, but would his work bench lower enough for him to do some carving type stuff at all?
Post a Comment