Monday, 20 December 2010

Eve is home

Eve made it home yesterday, looking pale and coughing like an old man on 60 a day but home and happy to be here!
Rosie is flitting between being silly happy and frustratingly agitated without letting on what on earth is wrong!

Carols by Candlelight last night so David headed off with Joshua and Christina leaving me with the others. This was fine. Rosie was wanting bed and Eve was reasonably settled between periodic suctioning.

Rosie wanted to be really put to bed but I was reluctant to oblige before 7.30 so she kept coming and asking to be tucked in which I did but didnt close her door. So every few minutes she came back and asked me to out her to bed. It gave me just time to get back to Eve, suction, sit down and then Rosie come and fetch me! At 7.30 on the dot I obliged and closed her door. Peace!

Only then the alarms started, Eve started to become irritable and I was trying desperately to have a sensible conversation on line with a friend. Eve was a little less miserable if I sat her on my lap but then I couldnt operate the suction so a balancing act and trying to manouvre the child complete with ventolator and oxygen and suction tubing resulted in SATs falling and blue tinge to skin so I abandoned the ventolator, computer and almost the child, before getting more organised!

After 15 minutes of this I decided that conversation would have to stop and child must get settled in bed!

Once upstairs I realised I had no oxygen tubing, so downstairs hook it all out of the ventolator bag and head up to increasingly blue child! Debate merits of Ambulance Verses getting Oxygen on said blue child and decide Oxygen may be a better option! Thankfully numbers started rising above 80 again fairly quickly and I continued with the bedtime routine! At nappy I realised why the poor child had been so miserable! Undoing the tabs resulted in a nice brown river across the clean sheets! Oh I do love antibiotics!!!

So child clean, bed clean, Ventolator reattatched and things are looking good! I missed the hiss, woosh thud of Eve's machinery whilst she was away!
Just as I was finishing David and children arrived home and it was time to sit with a cup of tea and relax!

Medicines done and time for bed. Then the inevitable close my eyes and beepadee beep beep.
By 3 am I was just a little in need of some peace, then at 3.45 I could hear noises from Rosie's room. Ignoring it for a while I was then aware that the sounds had changed and the rhythmic noise was possibly someting I should investigate! Sure enough Rosie was fitting, A dose of rescue meds, and a cuddle and she is now back in bed. Not before she insisted in a wobbly wander around the kitchen and some extra fluids, hmmm in one end out the other, a change of PJs and back to bed.
Too wide awake to consder sleep again now I have the quiet house and a cup of tea!

Wonder How early I can persuade them it's bed time tonight???

No comments: