Today we went out with friends to The Imperial War Museum...I spent the evening before in some trepidation. I have an automimmune disorder, Lupus, it causes me som considerable pain but worse than that is the fatigue. I wake each morning no matter how well I have slept, feelin like i have just completed a marathon. At the weekend I had taken Joshua to an eye test and then spent 2 hours pottering in town. then Sunday after Church Eve had a birthday party to attend, by Sunday evening I was too weary to attend the Baptismal Service, I felt sad but knew if I went I would be really struggling, deciding prayer was my duty that evening David delivered Joshua and Christina and I flopped in my chair.
Monday dawned and my body was protesting. I knew that if i stod any chance of going out today I had to rest! I did not even manage to drag myself out the door. the bare minimum of house duty nd cooking the evening meal was my limit. I did manage a little paperwork and hoovered the lounge but that was my lot! I wondered at several points inthe day whether a day out was really feasable.
Even on leaving my bed this morning after not the best of nights I was not sure this was a good idea. Howver everyone else was really looking forward to the trip and so we packed up and set off. Rosie was staying at the child care centre as it was not really something she would enjoy and the distance inthe car would have really upset her.
The fog was pea soup type as we left and the journey was not nice...not helped by Tom Tom telling us we had reached our destination when we so obviously hadn't. Thankfully a very nice man in the garage was able to direct us and we arrived not too long after our expected time of arrival.
The sun was shining as we stepped through the entrance and our moods lifted dramatically as we realised that between Tesco Vouchers and disabled discretions our dayout for 12 of us was only costing £8.10 including two guide books!
Our friends Eldest Son is the same age as our Joshua, He has a hearing impairment Joshua is Visually impaired...it is great to see the way they automatically support one another..Joshua repeats things his friend misses and his friend points out the things Joshua may otherwise miss seeing...so naturally and without losing the fun of being 11!
Eve fell in love in the first hanger! Absolutely, mouth opened, gazingly, in love..........
with a Little Yellow Aeroplane!!
I am tired tonight....master of understatement....but I am so glad we made the effort!
friendship cannot be bought, it just happens
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future.




No comments:
Post a Comment