OK I know that keeping on top of paperwork is helpful...we all have a certain amount of forms to fill, bills to pay, and letters to write. What I really begrudge spending my time doing is reading up on legislation, law and rights and then writing lengthy letters, reports and other documentation to prove that other people have not done their jobs well and my children and family are suffering because of it.
Of course the time involved and the energy and emotions expended in doing all this further detracts from the quality of life I can provide for my childen.
We chose our job in life...we are pleased with the job we chose, we love being full time professional parents. That was a title first bestowed on us by our wonderful GP 9 years ago. I think it sums our roles up perfectly. Yes we are parents, we love our children dearly like all good parents do, however our role in their lives is far more intense than many parents roles are. this "job" of parenting takes over our entire being for the majority of the time and is our sole source of income and our sole reason for being. we would not want it any other way.
However as with any job we have a need for the equipment and services and support to enable us to do that job properly. just as any other professional relies on the tools of their trade, adequate provision of equipment and suitable premises and the back up of colleagues, other profesionals etc etc...so do we!
we also expect those other professionals to do their jobs properly, we need for services and tools to be provided and maintained and for everything else that is someone elses remit to be done on time and properly.
So why is it I have spent the best part of the last few months scouring books for information on legislation, rights, timescales etc etc.
My bed time, lunch time, any spare moment time reading is Communiy care and the Law and Disabled Children and the Law.
I do not want to be a lawyer, I dont want to have to know every amendment to every section of the relevant acts...I just want to be able to be Mum!
I want to be thrilled at the prospect of a day in the forest, a day swimming, the opportunity to spend a few hours with one chid alone doing what they particularly enjoy...times like Saturday, spent baking and cooking and being silly with Christina.
Shouting out with pure joy because I have found a section of legislation, a requirement of policy guidance that I think I can catch "them" out with is not my idea of a good Mum!
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment