well it's Sunday morning and Joshua and David have just headed of to Croft for the BTCC racing. They are both keen phoographers and both love to watch the BTCC. I am always worried about them being on the road...wait with baited breath till they get home again but hope they have a great day. It is a good opportuity for the pair of them to spend some quality time together, Christina and I spend time with Jonathan, Rosie and Eve....being Sunday we get natural help and support through the morning with Church/Sunday School.
It's been a week of happy childen but frusrating problems with others. there was the dog...thankfully he seems to have given up his early morning barking, we had a good day out on Tuesday at the farm but David was not briliantly well, we knew this for sure when he put his cameras away! However whilst traveling to the farm we took a phone call from the window fitters, they had a cancelation and were able to come on wednesday to start our new window and door. Thankfully I was able to arrange sme carer support there and then and so they planned to be with us at 9 am and I managed to arrange cover the whole day ar half an hour! Fantastic! As they were going to be removing brick work to change a window to a door that was essential in order to ensure Rosie's safety.
Unfortuately, although my carer arrved promptly and Rosie was in capable hands, the fittersfailed to materialise...it was in fact gone 12.30 before they did and I was not a happy bunny! A few phon calls between the manager and ourselves and I was still not impressed but acceped they had had a few problems on the way....the fact that the arch boards were not there and the fitters had to go and collect them and the fact that the glazing units had been made up with the wrong colour beading was surely incompetence not an unavoidable delay??? However the lads when they arrived were pleasant, polite and hard working! They were also very clean mouthed! ie no swearing or blaspheming! we got along well and by the time they were packing up to leave for the evening we were feeling a little less frought. they promised to be back by 8.30 am.....we would wait and see...I had arranged to take the children out and we were meeting up with people so I would have support again.
At 7pm David was looking at the ramping options to enable us to take Eve out the new door when we realised that the threshold was not a low one! We could not believe it! This was the second time the doors ha been made up wrong, the first time they were he wrong colour now the threshold was wrong!
During the day we had had a visit from the Education officer for Special Educational Needs she had coe to tell us our two chosen schools for Eve had declared themselves unable to meet her needs. also telligus that instead of now recmmending mainstream education with suport from the Physical Disabilities school, they were now recommending prvosion from a severe learning difficulties school. We were devastated, Eve's difficulties stem from her physical disabilities not her cognitive needs. She blossoms in the presence of her peers and would not do well in a school for children withs severe learning dificutlies. Another battle to fight!
Also during the day we discovered that the toilet was blocked....we have installed a Saniflow Compact toilet, it just stopped working! no idea what is wrong but unfortunately the result was a not too good smell! A call to the engineer gave us little hope for a resolution before Friday so we resigned ourselves to regular dosing with bleach and an open window!
Thankgoodness we have a second toilet!
Of course the men didn't arrive at 8.30, I had already putin a cal to the manager to explain the problem with the threshold, he rang back to tell me that was the lowest threshold we could have on a French Door. I didn't elieve him and told him so. He persuaded me to wait until the men arrived, and they were not far away, and see wha we though when they arrived and pu the window board on.
There was no way we re going to be able to get the stander and indoor seating over the gulley where the closed door sat, but we had to wait and show them what we meant. Meanwhile I am so cross no one eveer pointed out the diference between the low threshold of the other doors and French Doors. These people had met the children and knew the reasons why we wanted the low threshold.
Eventually the men arrived and could see why the door couldn't work, they called their boss who arraned to come out. I left them to it! All credi to them they had a new frame made up with a low threshold and all is well, almost! of course because this had ment they had to uninstall the door and reinstall the new frame they did not finish by that evening, they already had a job boked for Friday morning so arranged o come Friday afternoon to finish. Poor lads, it really wasnt their week, the Friday job tured into a disaster and they eventually had to call and say they would not be able to do us that afernoon and could they come Saturday morning.
not a lot we could say or do about that was there!
They did finish yesterday and it looks good. David is aleady planning the decking and ramp and path to theworkshop and porch for the wheelchairs....I think he is happy now he has another project to work on.
Meanwhile Dvid's mum is still in hospital, they have moved her three times and unfortunately it appears the ward she is now on is not as caring and supportive as where she started. David's sister is having to bear the brunt of the caring and supporting and checking up role. This is tough on her, not liking to make herself a nuisance and appear to be constantly complaining she finds it hard to let the staff know where they are getting it wrong. However being the person closes to Mum she also likes to feel in control and it is hard for us to support her in a practical way without it appearing that we are taking over. I think I am able to give her ideas and ways to cope with the stress of ensuring mum gets the care she deserves and we are kept informed of what is hapening. Jaqcui has manaed to talk to a Doctor and to point out that Mum is not able to sit out of bed woh her leg down for 6 hours wihout becoming very uncomfortable! I have also pointed out that she would not have to complain if they were doing their jobs properly, It is nt that we are complaining relatives but that they are constantly making errors.
For now I need to put aside te worries and anxieties of te week and concentrate on my Lord and Saviour...girls to get dressed gating organised and out the door make it harder to ensure my thoughts are centred on Almighty God who is worthy of All of my paise and worship.
I do not know what the future holds but I am glad I know who holds the future.
`
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment